Glass Demon, Kenna Frye (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2004
Glass Demon, Kenna Frye (3D)

Title: Glass Demon
Name: Kenna Frye
Software: Lightwave 8.0

This is my Glass Demon. Done with High Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting using Lightwave 8.0

When modeling this, I found that the Smooth Shift tool really helped out a lot! (just a little tip for others that were in my situation.)

08 August 2004
Hmmm this doesn't really look like glass to me... more like solid stone of some sort. That procedural texture you've used is very repetitive and unnatural and I personally find it quite distracting to look at - it also distracts somewhat from the actual form of the creature.

It would be interesting to see a render of the entire creature, also from different angles. The anatomy is quite unusual - I assume you were going for a very unconventional look to it? The muscular structure almost looks uncomfortable - each time he moves his head, his chin will smack into his chest muscles!

08 August 2004
Talking

thanks a lot for your critique, I really needed it. I have only been messing with lightwave for about 4 weeks now so I will take all the help I can get. I will take your advice and retouch on this model. Thanks very much.

08 August 2004
Well, considering the fact that you've only been using LightWave for four weeks, you should give yourself a pat on the back

08 August 2004
cool, thanks

08 August 2005
Strange work.Interesting render and model.

08 August 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread