Old 01-15-2013, 09:23 AM   #1
tanmoycgartist
PRO

portfolio
Tanmoy Roy
3d Generalist / vfx compositor
Tripwire Visionworks
Kolkata, India

Unhappy 3d max crashing at the end of rendering (vray and xmesh)

I have a scene which has a large xmesh object and a realflow mesh.both of the mesh is pretty high poly. each frame of the xmesh object is about 70 mb and the realflow mesh is about 300mb each frame.I'm using vray and my render setting isn't that much high. i have 24gig ram an a i7 machine.

But the problem is that when I'm trying to render the whole sequence max starting rendering, and also calculating all the vray pre-pass. till now no problem but after the pre-pass when the actual rendering starts max just get crashed. This only happening in certain frames but if i try to render those frame using "f9" or through "render current frame" option it renders out correctly. although i can render the frame only if i region render the frame.
when rendering sequence, max is rendering the scene almost 90 percent and then crashes without any notification.

please help me! I've tried increasing dynamic memory limit and have optimized raycaster parameters but still the problem remains.

thanks in advance

Old 01-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
cojam
Banned
portfolio
chris
varible, Afghanistan

Talk to chaosgroup support, something sounds very strange. Because vray can handle large datasets, and it's weird that it only happens in sequence, they might already have a fix in an update.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread