Queen

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2006
Queen

Starting a new model for normal mapping practice. Obviously still a lot to do- so far I'm just toolin' along on the pre-subdivved poly mesh. I still don't have Z-brush, so this might be a challenge to get the detail up as high as I'd like.

Concept:

01 January 2006
this is looking great AOB. really tight concept, and you're remaining pretty faithful (i'm guessing the back of her dress is in progress...). The polyflow on the face looks pretty good, but I think you need to accentuate the cheekbones a little, and give her a bit of a jawline. at the moment there's structure missing here. there's also a loose triangle in her temple that seems pretty out of place given how smooth the rest of the loops are. her arms seem a little short and a touch too thin (against both the concept, and the size of her thighs). there's also some edgeloop weirdness going on around her boobs. hard to see what's happening, but it seems odd.

keep it coming

cheers

-O

01 January 2006
Update, should start on adding subdiv detail soon. Reworked some stuff (I think the face is better, but I've been looking at it for so long that maybe that's just wishful thinking )- thickened up the arms, put on a real ear, added skirt bits, made the breasts less squished together, got rid of that loose triangle in the face. Probably going to rework the collarbone, right now it's kind of bad looking.

Half of this is the poly mesh, half is how it comes out converted to SubDs.

01 January 2006
the way you've modelled the ass crack makes it look like she is nude there, compared to the fairly flat triangle in the concept.

01 January 2006
Yeah, I guess I could fix that....against my will....

Just kidding, I forgot about that piece of cloth that covered that part up. I already put it in though, so it'll be fixed in the next body update I post.

Reworking the face yet again

01 January 2006
update. Some stuff around the bridge of the nose might still get moved around- I realized the eyes were too far apart and just now moved them in a bit.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread