The Forgotten, Joerg Warda (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2008
The Forgotten, Joerg Warda (2D)

Title: The Forgotten
Name: Joerg Warda
Software: Painter, Photoshop, Poser

This is the latest painting to my Mystery-Series and it's called "The Forgotten". I concepted it for a double page layout but each page should also be able to work as a "stand alone" single page illustration. I did not counted the amount of hours I was working on it, countless times of revisiting and changes. Done in Photoshop for compositing, Painter and Poser. I assembled a website with some detail views here:

http://www.warda-art.com/forgotten-detail/forgotten-detail.html

If you like to know more about the Mystery-Series please visit this site:

http://www.warda-art.com/mystery.html

I hope you enjoy it and as always critiques and comments are most welcome.

06 June 2008
Good job!! I can sense the "mystery" feeling in this painting!

06 June 2008
Wow, awesome! Love the under water lighting

Is the tip of the scabbard 3d?

The exposed torso looks a bit fake, the muscles should not be so tense and plastic looking.

It might be cool to make the bodies slightly decomposed, too

Still, its an amazing piece...and I wish there were some full resolution shots because I still cant see most of the details on your other site

06 June 2008
Thumbs up

hey, amazing.

06 June 2008
Thanks for your comments: the tip of the scabbard is not 3D, but I am lucky to achieved this look in painter. You are right the body was a problem from the beginning on, I did my best but couldn't achieve the look that I wanted to get. There is a point in every painting where you have to stop pushing and decide to live with what you got, otherwise I would render forever on and never finish a piece.

06 June 2008
Thumbs up

Joerg Wonderful piece in there a lesson for everybody 5* if I could I would give you more .

Ze Blog

Steampunk
Uplift Universe
Strange Behavior

06 June 2008
amazing! best part is ... your camera angle ... it really feels like he's looking down upon us! 5*

06 June 2008
Nice camera and cool atmosphere.

06 June 2008
Thumbs up

Hey Joerg
WOW!This is an masterpiece...fantastic mood and lightning. How did you made the composition? did you paint the characters separated or itīs all done at the same time...it looks so great.
Cheers

06 June 2008
Thanks Digitalinkrod,

I done a low-res version for the initial layout then I pick the individual part and done the full- res work on that pieces. After finishing all parts in Painter I put them together in a high-res file for composition in Photoshop and final finishing touches in Painter with a flattened version.

Originally Posted by digitalinkrod: Hey Joerg
WOW!This is an masterpiece...fantastic mood and lightning. How did you made the composition? did you paint the characters separated or itīs all done at the same time...it looks so great.
Cheers

06 June 2008
Cool Kool

Thanks for the reply
Great workflow, the final result is fantastic. Wich size on high rez?

06 June 2008
Smile

A stunning piece with cool colours and a great focul angle. Nice portfolio by the way.

Cheers

Patrick.

06 June 2008
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread