Annoying UV shell issue

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2013   #1
Annoying UV shell issue

I have been trying to figure out what's causing this issue, but haven't been able to figure anything out. Whenever I save after unwrapping my shape in will turn into a jumbled mess. I'll include a screenshot of what I'm seeing.

Link:

Old 06 June 2013   #2
So you UV, then save, then when you reopen the UV's are all over the place? Maybe you have multiple UV sets.

OT - SPCC by any chance?

Old 06 June 2013   #3
Have you tried deleting the history on the chest before unwrapping it? Unfortunately I can't tell as you have covered the channel box with the UV Texture Editor. Having lots of construction history on an object is bound to cause problems, its good practice to delete the history every so often while modeling. If you aren't sure how to delete history, select your object and go to edit > delete by type > history.

Old 06 June 2013   #4
I don't believe I have any extra UV sets. This object is being made for a use in UDK so I usually have 1 map for texturing, the one for the light map. But I hadn't gotten to the stage where I set up the 2 maps. I also try and make it a habit to delete the history as often as I can, but I haven't looked at this project since yesterday, so I may have missed that.

Old 06 June 2013   #5
So I pulled up my model, and sure enough I had forgotten to delete the history. Hopefully that was the issue. Thanks for the help!

Old 06 June 2013   #6
Just a note that the amount of map you use is irrelevant to the amount of UV sets your model might have. You can check it really quick just by opening up UV editor and go into UV set menu. It's one thing worth checking out while you work.

Old 06 June 2013   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread