AUTODESK - Maya - MISLEADING INFORMATION!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #91
The link works...

the fix simple does not!

Will there will ever be a fix remains the big question still...

Old 03 March 2013   #92
Fixes takes time away from adding features. You can't advertise fixes for a new version like you can new features. Guess which one gets priority.

But Maya has always been like this, as long as I remember. Its time to get out of the kitchen if you can't stand the heat.

Old 03 March 2013   #93
Originally Posted by fleabay: Its time to get out of the kitchen if you can't stand the heat.

I am confused...
What heat in who's kitchen??

Old 03 March 2013   #94
Originally Posted by kees: I am confused...
What heat in who's kitchen??

I can send you a few bugs to work on if you need something to do.

EDIT: If you are truly confused, in the US, that phrase means remove yourself from a situation that is causing you turmoil. In other words, ditch Maya and get another software.

Last edited by fleabay : 03 March 2013 at 04:29 PM.

Old 03 March 2013   #95
Originally Posted by tristratos: You all miss the point here.

After so much time, a bug fix is released... that doesn't even fix the issue (which was advertised and promoted in official material from Autodesk itself)

Not only that... the case becomes quite preposterous, if you take into account that within the page that hosts the fix, it notes that it fixes the issue that used to work under 2012... which is in fact another lie..

This features doesn't even work under 2012!
In fact it never did!

Not at least within any official release from Autodesk.

All in all, caps is wrong I admit...
...but I guess you won't disagree that releasing a fix that doesn't even... fix a feature that should have been in your product, at the very first place, is... even worse...

I don't even mention that as a subscription pack subscriber (actually paying customer) I expected to have instant support on this issue through their official site, rather than feel like "begging" through cgtalk and pinging Shawn (who I truely respect) to get what we paid for...

What should I feel like a customer at the end of the day ?
How reliable Autodesk is and why should one be sure for any new release stability and reliability over promoted video material?

So the question remains...
...should we wait for a reliable fix on this?

This one is egg on my face - the fixes that are present in this bundle are for the ragdoll collision on the ground plane so that they no longer freak out and get into bad states when colliding. Your issue as far as the kinematic ragdoll is not part of this patch fix and I'm currently working/discussing with development with regards to this topic as there was a miscommunication where I was under the impression the issue was part of this fix.

I'll post back once I've gotten some more information and updates. Apologies for this.

Originally Posted by mattwood: At least the links works for you Tristatos, on Mac Safari I can't even download it. Anybody got a mirror?

There was an issue with the upload for Mac which got garbled somehow so we're re-uploading the archive to address that.

Old 03 March 2013   #96
Originally Posted by fleabay: I can send you a few bugs to work on if you need something to do.

It would be easier if you put them in a proper bug report.
They may be bugs in areas of Maya that I do not work on, so by sending them to me, they may get lost.

Old 03 March 2013   #97
Edit: No, changed my mind.

Last edited by mattwood : 03 March 2013 at 09:47 AM.

Old 03 March 2013   #98
mattwood removed his post, so I removed my reply to his post

Old 03 March 2013   #99
Shawn,

Waiting then still for a proper fix on this issue...
...hope soon...

Please keep us posted

Old 03 March 2013   #100
Originally Posted by kees: mattwood removed his post, so I removed my reply to his post

So could you repost your reply to mattwood's removed post that you have removed?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Old 03 March 2013   #101
Shawn,

After the announcement of Maya 2014, I noted that in the following page:
http://www.autodesk.com/products/autodesk-maya/features
the ragdoll videos is still included (Rigid and soft-body dynamics)

I also noted in the bug fixes listing the following:
MAYA-9865 Ragdolls created using Bullet shelf/menu do not work as expected.

Is that the fix that we were waiting for or that still has nothing to do with it?
If not, I gues sthe aforementioned video is still misleading!

If not, and the bug is fixed in 2014 as stated, I hope that the fix will still be available to current customers without the need of upgrading first.

Before asking for more, Autodesk should treat clients respectfully and I guess this is the least to ask for.

I am looking forward to receiving your reply.

Best Regards,
Tri

Old 03 March 2013   #102
It looks like it is fixed in 2014 to me, I made a quick post showing how I did the Lizard tail in my blog.

http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/dary...-bullet-ragdoll

-daryl

Last edited by dobert : 03 March 2013 at 12:18 AM. Reason: ok

Old 03 March 2013   #103
Shawn,

I guess this resolves the issue...
http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/dary...-bullet-ragdoll

Best Regards,
Tri

Last edited by tristratos : 03 March 2013 at 06:07 PM.

Old 03 March 2013   #104
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread