Forum Feedback-New reply UI doesn't work well with quotes

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

07 July 2017
Forum Feedback-New reply UI doesn't work well with quotes

At least with google chrome/Linux reply with quoting another message works badly.

Complains the message is too short. But really the quoted messages are not properly handled vs the body of the reply.
Unclear how this works. But it should do better (at least as good as previous UI)

07 July 2017
Something fuzzy is going on with the smileys too. * * * * * *pop-up "everywhere".* <-that one isn't mine
loveD*

Writing a message I find trouble creating a new line as if my return/backspace isn't reconized.

07 July 2017
And the share, useful, edit and quote buttons still (after months) look like poop . Come on, that is 15 minutes work.*

07 July 2017
Not sure what is happening with your return/ backspace. Are you still having trouble?*

Icons/smileys should be fixed shortly.*

edit, share, buttons will possibly get an update soon. At the moment we are addressing back end issues to make sure front end features work correctly. *

Thanks for the feedback.*

07 July 2017
G'day,

I'm working in some fixes now and will start rolling out fixes tomorrow.

You all use these features more than me so i really appreciate your feedback and suggestions.

Just a note that the [bbcode] button in the top left of the editor will show the editor without the formatting like we had before. copy pasting works best in that mode.

Please let me know if you would rather have me make that [bbcode] view the default (because that's what i'm thinking), while a nice idea the WYSIWYG editors seem to get more complaints than complements. and i've never seen one that can handles copy and pasting well.

@Rikof did you want to suggest a design for the poop buttons? i think i'd move some of them into a dropdown menu.

Rhys

Last edited by Keenly : 07 July 2017 at 08:10 AM. Reason: What's with those stars

07 July 2017
Another problem is random asterisks appearing in posts. *I also find the new forum font harder to read.

reply share thread