Marker Manager Plugin Preview

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09 September 2012   #1
Marker Manager Plugin Preview

I had posted this on my website some time ago, but I didn't post it here...not sure why.

Anyway, here's a preview of a plugin I've been working on and hope to release soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...d&v=7Os2Y3Fu4wQ

Any questions or anything let me know. It's python based, so should work just fine on Win/Mac, and it will be for R13 and R14.

Cheers,
Bret
__________________
www.bretbays.com
"We do not - not wag our genitals at one another to make a point!"
 
Old 09 September 2012   #2
This looks great Bret.
Very professional looking and very useful for die-hard animators.

Rui Batista
__________________
http://www.ruimac.com
http://www.ruimac.com/demoreel.htm
http://www.ruimac.com/plugins.htm
 
Old 09 September 2012   #3
Hello Bret,
I saw also your Selection Manager plugin preview times ago, both are amazing for work with rigs...

br, Lubo
 
Old 09 September 2012   #4
Thanks.

Selection Manager can be found on cineversity(as well as several other awesome plugins and scripts)
__________________
www.bretbays.com
"We do not - not wag our genitals at one another to make a point!"
 
Old 09 September 2012   #5
Originally Posted by xfon5168:
Selection Manager can be found on cineversity(as well as several other awesome plugins and scripts)


ahh, saw it now. So , bad for me, it is only for premium members :-(

Thanks for info.

br, Lubo
 
Old 09 September 2012   #6
Great stuff - I'm in!

One request, unless it's already there and I didn't spot it. A common job, when I'm timing animation to beats, is to leave a marker per beat over a specific range, often at non-integer keyframes. The way I usually work is to time out 16/32 beats, nail the first and last then fix the rest out by subdividing what's left. Would be a very handy tool to be able to specify a range of keyframes, a number of beats and let a script do the boring bit. I realise there's a bpm count, which is handy of course, but this might be more useful as BPM's are often hard to gauge accurately enough, and you end up with drift over a few hundred frames.

Cheers - C
__________________
ProSite | Behance | Twitter
- - - - - -
Freelancer using Cinema4D? Sign up to the freelance directory: C4DFreelancers.com
 
Old 09 September 2012   #7
Not exactly what you're looking for Chris, but sort of related.

I put this together as an experiment a while back (found it in my 11.5 CB!). It's a little rig that uses a Mograph Sound effector and some Coffee to add markers to the timeline based on the peaks in the music. If you select the null with the Coffee Tag on it you'll see some Userdata parameters you can tweak to suit different tracks. Just load a track into the sound effector, rewind to the 1st frame and press play. As the timeline plays the markers get dropped into the timeline. If you enable the Remove markers checkbox and press play it will clear them all out again.

For me this took me back to my old audio recording days when I'd stripe one track of the multitrack with timecode so that I could sync with sequencers (back when the audio was on one machine and the midi on another )
I never developed it beyond this but you're welcome to play around with it.


Back to Brets plugin, it looks great. I remember getting a scene file from some one a while back that had countless markers all on one frame, each time I'd delete one there would be another underneath, no idea how that happened but it sure would have been nice to have a quick way to kill all of them. I wouldn't have minded so much but there was nothing particularly interesting happening on that frame LOL

Cheers,
Brian

Last edited by Horganovski : 09 September 2012 at 12:42 AM.
 
Old 09 September 2012   #8
Originally Posted by ChrisCousins: Great stuff - I'm in!

One request, unless it's already there and I didn't spot it. A common job, when I'm timing animation to beats, is to leave a marker per beat over a specific range, often at non-integer keyframes. The way I usually work is to time out 16/32 beats, nail the first and last then fix the rest out by subdividing what's left. Would be a very handy tool to be able to specify a range of keyframes, a number of beats and let a script do the boring bit. I realise there's a bpm count, which is handy of course, but this might be more useful as BPM's are often hard to gauge accurately enough, and you end up with drift over a few hundred frames.

Cheers - C



Basically, if you know the beats per minute you specify the BPM, and the start and end frame range. Then you're set.

I've stumbled upon a couple little bugs(well one is a pain in the butt), but I hope to have a more thorough example video in the near future.

But yes this is possible. Non-integer frames are possible.
__________________
www.bretbays.com
"We do not - not wag our genitals at one another to make a point!"
 
Old 09 September 2012   #9
Originally Posted by Horganovski: I remember getting a scene file from some one a while back that had countless markers all on one frame, each time I'd delete one there would be another underneath, no idea how that happened but it sure would have been nice to have a quick way to kill all of them. I wouldn't have minded so much but there was nothing particularly interesting happening on that frame LOL


It's probably because they clicked in the powerslider and with the mouse hovering over the PS hit space bar. I believe this(or something like it) will make a marker.
__________________
www.bretbays.com
"We do not - not wag our genitals at one another to make a point!"
 
Old 09 September 2012   #10
Originally Posted by xfon5168: It's probably because they clicked in the powerslider and with the mouse hovering over the PS hit space bar. I believe this(or something like it) will make a marker.


Yeah, that sounds right. I think there's a mouse focus bug with the timeline sometimes that can cause this too, even though the mouse is over the timeline Cinema still thinks it's over another part of the UI or something like that. It's difficult to reproduce consistently but I often find the spacebar toggle between keys/curves won't work for me when I use it first, my workaround is to click back in the AM, then back on the TL and then it starts working again. (I generally have the TL floating on a second monitor rather than using any of the built-in 'Animation' layouts)


Regarding animation timing to music, I like this little gadget, nice for figuring out cycles etc that have to look synced with music - http://afilmla.blogspot.ie/2009/03/...-update_06.html

Cheers,
Brian

Last edited by Horganovski : 09 September 2012 at 03:46 AM.
 
Old 09 September 2012   #11
That takes me back Brian,seem to remember that setup being very handy for teaching someone to dance.
Cheers
Mala
 
Old 09 September 2012   #12
Heh heh, yeah Mala, takes me back too. Shame we never got to finish it but considering what happened the stars of the piece it was probably best

Cheers,
Brian
 
Old 09 September 2012   #13
this looks great bret, i will look forward to the release.
__________________
R17 studio |
http://www.studiolocal.tv/
 
Old 09 September 2012   #14
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
__________________
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.