Advanced Tips

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 12 December 2006   #31
If you want to disable bunch of bones temporarily

Create a metaeffector and effector and name them properly, move the effector out of your mesh where it does not touch your mesh at all. Then select the bones you want to disable and assign newly created metaeffector to those bones under setup-bone-weight panel. When you need them back just select the proper meta effector or "none".

Old 12 December 2006   #32
SSS with Messiah 2.4x

Below is a link to an excellent SSS tutorial by Gary.

Here's the first video tutorial (.wmv format) on how I use SSS with messiah 2.4d. I essentially learned this on my own. So, this is not the final word on SSS in messiah. So, with that having been said ... I hope you guys will learn something new ... enjoy!

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpos...702&postcount=1

Old 01 January 2007   #33
An interesting little write up on metaeffectors and particles from Thomas:

Quote: Ok, the basic idea is:

- Make a Metaeffector.
- Add as many effectors to it as you want particles.
- Create a particle effect.
- Select the Metaeffector (that has all effectors as children) as the "Slave Parent" item in the particles interface. This makes all children of the Metaeffector into particles.

The other stuff should be easy. Select the Metaeffector as the weight in the weightspot and do with its value whatever you want...
The main problem with messiah particles is, that they don't have real instances, so you have to have as many effectors as you want to have particles.

If you have collision with full friction and no bounce, you should be able to get it to work as you described. Having no gravity will prevent the particles from moving after collision. If the mesh is moving, you will have problems since there is no "sticky" behaviour yet.

But it should give you a lot of options to play with.

I hope this helps

Cheers!

This originally was in regards to this post: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpos...91&postcount=11

Old 09 September 2007   #34
Workflow tip:

If you select the ‘edit’ button on the bottom of the ‘list view’ box and open up your items in the ‘animate’ tab, you can edit values in the list view rather than going into the dialogue box below.

In the ‘render ‘materials’ sub tab, and the list view, you can edit ‘node values’ rather than selecting the nodes from the node window.

tip. If you don’t see the channel you would like to edit, just right click the channel to activate and it will appear in the list

reply share thread