Blue screen while rendering

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2013   #1
Blue screen while rendering

Hi,

I have this 6 seconds long animation i am trying to render out in e-on vue. I leave my computer to work on it over night but in the morning i regularily find out that my poor computer is a victim of a blue screen.

I am thinking if the reason would be that my processor is overclocked? It is working just fine when doing stress test though and the temperatures are fine aswell.

Any ideas of where this annoying blue screen could be coming from?

Thank you.

Old 09 September 2013   #2
What speed is your CPU running at?

I had the same problem with my machine a couple years ago. It was running at 4.0Ghz, so I backed it down to 3.8Ghz, and the problem went away.

Old 09 September 2013   #3
I have Intel I7 860 2.8Ghz running at 3.8Ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilandra
What speed is your CPU running at?

I had the same problem with my machine a couple years ago. It was running at 4.0Ghz, so I backed it down to 3.8Ghz, and the problem went away.

Old 09 September 2013   #4
A bluescreen is 99% hardware or system driver failure. Unless youve recently updated things, its almost always an overheating system. Take a brush to the metal heatsink and get all the dust off, after a year or so you can build up a thick grey carpet of dust which stops the cooling from working. Do this for the cpu and gpu coolers, it will usually mean unscrewing the heatink or plastic case for the gfx card, or at the very least lifting up the fan.

Old 09 September 2013   #5
I'd try running the machine at the factory clock speed and factory memory settings and see if it still has issues with crashing. It could be any number of things (memory, power supply, heat, failing disk, lots already mentioned) but it would eliminate a lot of them knowing if it still crashes at the stock speed.

Old 09 September 2013   #6
ya, the only time I see this happen is when I'm overclocked.

Old 09 September 2013   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread