New hard surface modelling plugin - Looking for beta testers!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

4 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by skeebertus: Another interesting option would be to R&D a subdivision operator that can work AROUND bad geometry, such as that created by boolean operations and other modeling interventions

If you can create that, make it work and patent the new subdivision method, you are probably looking at something worth faaar more money than a better Boolean plugin.

There's dozens of 3D softwares that might license such a new, better SubD method, not just C4D.

That made me think of instant meshes  http://igl.ethz.ch/projects/instant-meshes/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_...0&v=U6wtw6W4x3I

4 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by JoelDubin: This looks great. 

Im wondering however, if the tool utilizes C4ds built in boolean functions, is it any different than Cineversity Boole Tools?
ie: workflow speedups rather than a new boolean system.

https://www.cineversity.com/vidplaylist/cv-boole_tools

Sorry if this has already come up before!
You mean like if it was mentioned half way up the page... on the one page thread you posted in?

Since this will be on Page 2, yes, it uses C4D's boolean algorithms but with a different UI approach. As I understand it, they intend to write their own algorithm eventually, possibly offering something that will replace the built-in functions and Cineversity extensions.

Boole Tools: if you've used those tools (or watched the Cineversity tutorials) and you watch the two videos posted in this thread you will have your answer. But generally if it weren't different, what would be the point of making it and trying to sell it? Not trying to be a jerk but I feel you probably could've answered all of your own questions with 2 or 3 minutes worth of reading and video watching.

4 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by Blinny: You mean like if it was mentioned half way up the page... on the one page thread you posted in?

Since this will be on Page 2, yes, it uses C4D's boolean algorithms but with a different UI approach. As I understand it, they intend to write their own algorithm eventually, possibly offering something that will replace the built-in functions and Cineversity extensions.

Boole Tools: if you've used those tools (or watched the Cineversity tutorials) and you watch the two videos posted in this thread you will have your answer. But generally if it weren't different, what would be the point of making it and trying to sell it? Not trying to be a jerk but I feel you probably could've answered all of your own questions with 2 or 3 minutes worth of reading and video watching.

Sorry you  are correct. I posted before looking into it deeper. I did throw in the disclaimer in my post  however  that it might have already been mentioned.  
I dont always have time to go through an entire thread or watch every video posted, but from what I was reading and watching it seemed like this plugin was a set of interface tools sitting on top of the native boolean tools which to my understanding is what boole tools python plugins do as well. I will look into this deeper. thanks.

4 Weeks Ago
Ok--got to watch the video. It does look to be very impressive and offers a lot more than cv boole tools.

Great job on the plugin

4 Weeks Ago
It is indeed a promising development (no pun intended). Looking forward to trying it out as it matures.

1 Week Ago
New tutorial coming up! check: TheGreatSummit

Rendering done with Redshift for C4D.

1 Week Ago
Looks pretty solid. Any discounts or coupons now available for purchase?

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by E2GO: Looks pretty solid. Any discounts or coupons now available for purchase?

Actually, we have a deal with our partners at Drop & Render. If you purchase €50 render points you get the Meshboolean plugin for free.

Drop & Render is a very easy to use render farm for Cinema 4D, with an In-app plugin that checks all your settings. It supports almost all render engines, like: Cycles4D, Redshift, Octane, Arnold and more.
Or plugins: X-Particles, TDF, GSG...

Check out the site here: Drop & Render
After you purchase the render points, send an email with the subject: Meshboolean Order” and leave the message blank.

Good deal right

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by TheGreatSummit: Actually, we have a deal with our partners at Drop & Render. If you purchase €50 render points you get the Meshboolean plugin for free.

Drop & Render is a very easy to use render farm for Cinema 4D, with an In-app plugin that checks all your settings. It supports almost all render engines, like: Cycles4D, Redshift, Octane, Arnold and more.
Or plugins: X-Particles, TDF, GSG...

Check out the site here: Drop & Render
After you purchase the render points, send an email with the subject: Meshboolean Order” and leave the message blank.

Good deal right
Not my deal but thanks anyway  Looks like I'll get it directly from your site.

Last edited by E2GO : 1 Week Ago at 02:52 PM.

reply share thread