Torso Anatomy, Need professional help

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2012   #1
Torso Anatomy, Need professional help

Hi guys, I've been learning anatomy for months, and as of know the only part of the human body that i can sculpt smoothly is the face.

I've been learning by myself since, the thing is i don't have cash to study online course for studying anatomy. I just watched some free stuff for learning.

My goal in this image is to sculpt a torso with symmetry off. I know there's still a lot of mistakes on this sculpt, and i really need some suggestions and crits for me to improve. I really want to be a good artist someday.

Old 10 October 2012   #2
Update:..........

update:...............

Old 10 October 2012   #3
You know muscles, but bones need a bit more learning. First, there should be scapula, and its upper ridge is always visible with little fat bodies. It's not covered with muscles, as well as clavicles. You can see it all way out, as well as you jaw bone is not covered with muscles at the bottom, except one very thin. Then also look for clavicles, sacrum two points, where they look like little concavities. And elbow bones should the more underlined. Also, where elbow goes, there are two things from sides: from the outer side you have a ыmall concavity, it's where muscles start at the bone end. And at the opposite side there is a small bulb, which corresponds to other bone bulb. It's as well a place, were lots of muscles start. So you have one one concavity and one bulb from different sides. They go parallel with the elbow bone in the center, but from different sides. Also look for how ribcage forms epigastric angle. Then carefully examine, how the spine is visible at some points,
Learning bones is half the course, and as important as muscles are. Try modeling skeleton also later.

Last edited by mister3d : 10 October 2012 at 12:54 PM.

Old 10 October 2012   #4

Hi mister3d, thanks for the reply. I actually never study yet the bones, and for this whole day, all i did is read the scapula, humerus, clavicle ribs, ulna, radius. I never knew this words before.

Anyways, This is what i've done so far. I have seen the anatomy model of ryan kingslien inside zbrush, and it helps me to understand on how the muscles of the torso(back) attached to the bone, but still im still confuse on how the muscles changes when it reduce its size. I've seen a lot of reference and still confuse.

Old 10 October 2012   #5
I have decided to make a new sculpt of a torso without the arms. I never knew sculpting torso would be very very hard, i almost spent 5-6 hours sculpting this abdominal muscles, i need to learn more on how the muscles attached into the ribs. :(

Old 10 October 2012   #6
Nice work so far though the Oblique area seems too extreme in it's detail, it doesn't seem right to me, also the nipple alignment seems a bit off (more so in the perspective view) and he front neck area seems too pronounced aswell.

Old 10 October 2012   #7
Thanks! Anyways im planning to make a new sculpt of a torso later, but more on a Greek body reference.!

Old 10 October 2012   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread