Tips for a "learning path"

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #1
Tips for a "learning path"

Hi there,
wanna ask for some tips on how to start to build up a skillbase in 3D rendering.

I studied digital film & animation in 2010, but did not do anything since this time and forgot almost everything. now I want to go back there and find a job after learning at home again.
The whole film thing is just to big for me to learn, so I decided to do only one direction:

archviz and interior renderings

I think I can do the Modeling for interiors with a bit of practise, but I have absolutely no idea, where to start with everything else. Got basic understanding of lighting, but far away from knowledge about rendering realistic looking things.
For learning Ive got Maya2013 and Blender on a windows computer. Have no knowledge about external renderers and cannot effort the expensive ones like vray.

now, anybondy got an idea what a proper learning path could be?

thanks and sorry for my special english^^

Old 04 April 2013   #2
Hey man,

Vray has a trial:
http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/vray_maya.html

Any maybe pick up a book:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...d-keywords=vray

3DS Max is a little more popular than Maya in the arch viz world here in the States, but I'm not sure about Germany.

-AJ

Old 04 April 2013   #3
3ds max+vray. Learning hard-surface modeling, plus architectural tutorials. Buying a camera and shooting. Trying to recreate some photos. It will keep you busy for half a year at least.
Vray is not cheap, but you have not much choice, if you want to work in archviz.

Old 04 April 2013   #4
Yep, if you really want to work in this field there is no way around 3dsmax and especially vray. It's just THE standart in almost every archviz studio, here in Belgium and Germany at least.

Old 04 April 2013   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread