nParticle tracedepthPP not working?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
nParticle tracedepthPP not working?

Hey there!

Could anyone help me with nParticles to make a collide switch (on|off) on per particle basis? Old way with normal particles using tracedepthPP = 0 seems not to work with nParticles. Or am I doing something wrong?

My question is how does tracedepthPP work in nParticles, and if it doesn't work at all how to make a per particle collide switch? What I wish to do is make nParticle to not collide for a certain period of time, and then start colliding as usual.

Any help will be much appreciated,
M.

Old 02 February 2013   #2
I think you have to use collision layers with nParticles although I havent tried using traceDepthPP you could try turning of collisions and create a collision using make collide instead. If that works then traceDepthPP should also.

Old 02 February 2013   #3
Yeah, collision layers would suit me only if could switch it on peer particle basis :( otherwise it won't work. Imagine I have emitter under a plane emitting perticles constatntly up in Y axis, and collides the plane only when falling down on it - this si what I wish to achieve.

edit: ok, problem solved ... for now at least - collideStrengthPP is the answer. It would be nice though to have "one sided" collisions in nParticles.

Last edited by benio33 : 02 February 2013 at 03:08 PM.

Old 02 February 2013   #4
ok, you could use traceDepthPP based on velocity in that case ( or collideStrengthPP ).

Old 02 February 2013   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread