Particles Emitter-/Set Initial?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2012   #1
Question Particles Emitter-/Set Initial?

Hi all.!

I'm pretty new to cinema and wondered how to set up the initial in particles emitter.?

Old 12 December 2012   #2
Sorry, I don't understand the question. What is the 'initial' you want to set up?

Old 12 December 2012   #3
@steve like the set initial state thing I asked to have in xp

Mike

Old 12 December 2012   #4
Right, thanks Mike. Got it now.

Steve

Old 12 December 2012   #5
maybe TPPartio will help you for this task : http://aescripts.com/tp-partio/

Old 12 December 2012   #6
Thumbs up

I have a pipe with smoke, I want the pipe full of particles/smoke at frame 0 and the smoke will be in the height of the pipe at about 4 to 5 meters. I will render the animation from the right frame with lots of particle / smoke.
Thanks for the help Aurety!
It will certainly be excellent with TPPartio should try it. Thanks for the link tips info.

Old 12 December 2012   #7
Originally Posted by charlie31: I have a pipe with smoke, I want the pipe full of particles/smoke at frame 0 and the smoke will be in the height of the pipe at about 4 to 5 meters.

solved that using X-particles:

http://www.p.maicats.de/smoke.mov

Sure this has to be faked somehow. What Iīve done - there are two different emitters, first will fill the volume of the cylinder within the pipe by a shot on frame 0. Then a second emitter takes over for continuous flow while the particles of first emitter are set to same speed Iīm emitting from that second emitter so that they will leave that pipe same time first particles of second emitter reach top of pipe...

Old 12 December 2012   #8
hi,

you just need two nodes for this (three with the object link). this is pretty basic stuff.
you should start reading the c4d manual. recommanding plugins on that task is just
ridiculous.

edit : open the image in a new browser tab.

happy new year,
ferdinand

Last edited by littledevil : 12 December 2012 at 04:17 PM.

Old 12 December 2012   #9
Originally Posted by Little_Devil: hi,

you just need three nodes for this (four with the object link). this is pretty basic stuff.
you should start reading the c4d manual. recommanding plugins on that task is just
ridiculous.

Edit : open the image in a new browser tab.

happy new year,
ferdinand

Thatīs only part of it. Sure you can do it with TP nodes as well. Now let the particles flow out of that pipe and have continuous flow thereafter. This demands some more nodes involved I guess ... I donīt have any idea how to switch that basic startup situation - which you created with these nodes - to a flow out and continuous flow thereafter ...

Old 12 December 2012   #10
Originally Posted by Lothar1952: Thatīs only part of it. Sure you can do it with TP nodes as well. Now let the particles flow out of that pipe and have continuous flow thereafter. This demands some more nodes involved I guess ... I donīt have any idea how to switch that basic startup situation - which you created with these nodes - to a flow out and continuous flow thereafter ...

oh my,

at least i have understood the the thread and his postings that way, that he just wanted to know how to do a volume emitter within TP. my example showed the most basic approach on that.

Originally Posted by Lothar1952: Thatīs only part of it. Sure you can do it with TP nodes as well. Now let the particles flow out of that pipe and have continuous flow thereafter. This demands some more nodes involved I guess ...

first af all, the group i have posted is an emitter setup, which already implies a continuous flow. i also do not really see a reason, why you shouldn't follow the same approach whithin TP which you suggested yourself for XP - using two emitters. however you could use a deflector node and just brute fore ping pong the particles out of the tube. or you could use a spline sampling approach (based on the railspline of your 'tube') as shown below.

Originally Posted by Lothar1952: Sure you can do it with TP nodes as well ... I donīt have any idea how to switch that basic startup situation.

it is the other way arround. you could also do that with xp. xp is an event based particle system which emphasizes useabilty and easy to understand concepts. tp is a rule based system which gives you access to more or less the whole c4d api.

excuse my ranty tone, but i can't stand the fact anymore that in every single particle thread someone dips in and shouts 'only possible with Xparticles'. Xparticles may be great, but the main goal is to provide easier concepts and a faster workflow and not to overpower tp.

happy rendering,
ferdinand

Last edited by littledevil : 12 December 2012 at 05:58 PM.

Old 12 December 2012   #11
nice setup - think thatīs what he needs

Old 12 December 2012   #12
Originally Posted by Little_Devil: the main goal is to provide easier concepts and a faster workflow and not to overpower tp.

This is correct. At the moment, that is :-)

Steve

Old 12 December 2012   #13
Originally Posted by Little_Devil:
excuse my ranty tone, but i can't stand the fact anymore that in every single particle thread someone dips in and shouts 'only possible with Xparticles'. Xparticles may be great, but the main goal is to provide easier concepts and a faster workflow and not to overpower tp.

happy rendering,
ferdinand

That ranty tone is not being excused. Where did I state that "only" ???? I simply said I could solve that with Xparticles - as this is easier for me to understand than TP. Sure TP can do the same stuff or more if you are familiar with that. Took a long time to find that coffe node you used as it is an advanced system node rather than a TP node and far beyond my understanding so far. It has been asked for a solution not filling a pipe - which I could have done with TP preset as well and I would have offered that preset as it is within Cinema distribution - but starting with a filled pipe to let it start floating out. I had my way and you gave your way - so no need to be ranty at all.

Old 01 January 2013   #14
nice setup - thanks.!

but the problem now is that the smoke goes out the chimney from the site, how to create a collision of smoke. Or how to get the smoke to fill a transparent tube that disappears through the tube without going through the sides of the tube. There must be some kind of density.? I used polygon sylinder. and emitter in Simulate/particles meny. Thanks for all your help.!

Old 01 January 2013   #15
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread