The Other Half of the Sky, Eleni Tsami (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2012   #1
The Other Half of the Sky, Eleni Tsami (2D)

Title: The Other Half of the Sky
Name: Eleni Tsami
Software: Photoshop

The cover I made for The Other Half of the Sky, an anthology of science fiction stories with women protagonists, edited by Athena Andreadis. It will be published by Candlemark & Gleam in April 2013.

More information regarding the anthology and the coverís creation can be found at my blog.

Old 12 December 2012   #2
Thumbs up

Love the night sky. I love the galaxy colors and the star clusters. The woman isn't bad, although her face proportions flatten out on her left side (didn't quite render or curve her cheek bone structure and neck completely). I like her simplicity, but I like the sky so much better that I almost find her a distraction. She also makes the sky seem smaller since she's so up close in scale for us. I do like the twisting structures to the left. They're really cool, and they give a since that we're upside down or in space (kind of neat), since we can't see the ground. Nice color scheme and composition. Keep it up. Good job.

Old 12 December 2012   #3
Originally Posted by linainverse23: Love the night sky. I love the galaxy colors and the star clusters. The woman isn't bad, although her face proportions flatten out on her left side (didn't quite render or curve her cheek bone structure and neck completely). I like her simplicity, but I like the sky so much better that I almost find her a distraction. She also makes the sky seem smaller since she's so up close in scale for us. I do like the twisting structures to the left. They're really cool, and they give a since that we're upside down or in space (kind of neat), since we can't see the ground. Nice color scheme and composition. Keep it up. Good job.

Thanks a lot for your input. The woman is an essential part of the cover, so it's not as if she couldn't be part of it. I think I like the idea that she makes the sky looks closer to us. You're probably right about the rendering, though - it was an odd angle and lighting and time was pressing.

Old 12 December 2012   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread