how do you find the corner of the eye in a three quarter view head?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2010   #1
Unhappy how do you find the corner of the eye in a three quarter view head?

hello frineds, i am a beginner and recently started learning to draw using andrew loomis's book Drawing head and hands, however i am facing many problems which i didnt find any solution of in the book yet like when you chop off the ball from the both sides how big exactly that chop should be. and i am also having some trouble in locating the corner of the eye in three quarter view..and also problems like how big the other eye should be coz both eyes can't look the same size in three quarter i think ..is there any mathematical explanation for that too or is it like a guess work..? somehow i also feel that i am unintentionally making every head as a front view :-(

please help :-(

Old 07 July 2010   #2
practice practice and more practice - look at and draw from paintings in books, from life, and instructional books.

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

Old 08 August 2010   #3
Hi Vins,

it sounds like you just need to draw as much as possible. if the head is troubling you, and your stuck, focus on the torso. Once you see how each shape is related to one another it might be easier to visualize the head and other details.. Also try clay/play-dough sometimes working in 3d helps.. All the best!

Old 08 August 2010   #4
thanks for the advice guys, and i am practicing as much as i can..however still having problems :-( i guess that's expected for a beginner :-)

Old 08 August 2010   #5
I would suggest getting a white bust of a female or male and draw, observe that bust at various angles to death.

I personally studied the basics of boxes, spheres and cylinders in all three dimensions in relation to the figure for months before I could reasonably construct the female figure in any pose from my mind's eye.

Other suggestions would be to search for vilppu's manual on figure drawing.

Getting an old free poser software to use their mannequinns.

Get the free sculpting programme "Sculptris" here: http://www.sculptris.com/
Sculpting your own head will help you get a hang on how forms are constructed.

Old 08 August 2010   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread