Blood knight

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2008
Blood knight

Latest:

This character has been in my mind for a long time and it is now time to make it.
It is the second of 3 I plan to make, The first was the blood elf -

The third will be a female warrior based on this model I've recently made -

This is knight will be more heavily armored, with a huge shield and the weapon is not decided at this point. It is sorta inspired by Blizzard's stuff and good ol' golden axe
SPECTACULAR grand prize !

Last edited by zman : 01 January 2009 at 04:48 PM.

04 April 2008
Hi

wow very nice .... keep up the good work...

04 April 2008
Update

04 April 2008
The Texture of the chainmail looks awesome but the ears are to short for an bloodelf.
Example1
Example2

04 April 2008
Man the armor and the fabric hanging down is insane I love it!! The details are just gorgeous. I can't wait to see how you handle the rigging, I would love to see some screen shots of it.

Baron

04 April 2008
Lehnard - thnx, the chainmail will hardly be visible in the end and so will the ears, I'm not going for the Elf look on this one.

Did some refinning to the shape of the armor parts, stil some work left. When I'll decide the shapes are good I'll start working on the massive armor details.

04 April 2008
Early shader test, the textures will of course be much more detailed in the end ...

04 April 2008
Thumbs up hey

Great as always , very cool cloths and materials! cant wait to see the final scene!
Keep up the good work man.

05 May 2008
Main armor modeling detail progress (the textures are stil very basic at this point).

05 May 2008
Started modeling the shield. again, textures will be much better later on.
I'm actually having a hard time deciding if for his weapon I wanna go with a sword or a sorta long spear sword thing.

05 May 2008
I'd go with the sword. Looks very similar to the blood elf so far, but I trust you to surprise like you always do. Maybe you should try a different helmet, something more medieval...
http://images.google.com/images?um=...medieval+helmet
Good luck ziv!

05 May 2008
Even though i am not a fan of the theme you have going on, nor on the designs specifically, i must say youre working nice and clean, love the materials you have on there as well so far.. could you give some info of the material on the gemstones you have on there? is it something special? looks very nice somehow.

nice eye for details, keep the quality up!

05 May 2008
awesome modeling and texture!
I like it :]

05 May 2008
It looks good so far. I also a gree he looks like a bit too much your previous character. The thing that really bother me with this armor is that the guy can't move: I don't know what it is supposed to be made of, but if it's not a flexible material (and that's the point of armors, they are supposed to be hard), the character has no mobility at all. It's fine if he is just a guard in castle, for decoration purpose, but if he is supposed to go on the field, he is screwed. So I know, you're not going to remodel everything now, but if you broke in two this big piece that goes from his chest to his croch, he could at least bend over, which, I think, is a key motion for a warrior

05 May 2008
GAH!!! its just too awesome, its unfathomable. i'm seriously on the verge of having a blizzard fanboy conniption here.

i disagree with the statment that he looks too much like the first character. he is similar, but the simple fact that first was blood elf and this one is blood knight, would make me assume they are going to be noticably similar. and of course (once you make it) the weapon will help distinguish him as his own character.

this is definately one of my favorite models ever (including your finished character) keep up the amazing work, i can't wait to see what you do for your final composite image.

i was also wondering if you could give us some insight as to your texture setup, even though you say they are very basic i think they're pretty darn good already.

Thread Closed share thread