Zbrush_newbie

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2009
Cool Zbrush_newbie

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am doing this character for an assignment and I thought it would be alot better to do it on Zbrush but I need to put it in Maya only thing is when I put it in maya I get millions of polys and when I drop the subdivision zbrush I lose all the detail. Any advice for this newbie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zbrush version6.jpg (48.3 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Zbrush version8.jpg (50.9 KB, 11 views)

04 April 2009
A few things

I can tell you some things I was taught that has helped me.

1. When exporting as an OBJ to bring into Maya, despite how many polys your object is, export it at the lowest possible division setting in ZBrush that doesnt lose much detail or shape. (I usually stick to 24000-98000 polys). Maya works better that way.

2. When importing into Maya MAKE SURE before you do, that you click the option box under File>Import. And in the settings once you set it to OBJ as the import file type, scroll down and UNCHECK the setting "Create multiple objects". If you leave that on, you can and will destroy your model when taking it back into ZBrush.

3. You only have to tweak half of your model in Maya. Dont worry about mirroring things over, just work on half the face for example. Then when you re-export as an OBJ in Maya and import into ZBrush, you can mask the half you worked on, and then use the resim and smart resim options. This will mirror over in Zbrush every change from the masked side. But, start on division 1 and remask/resim every division level you have. One at a time.

I hope you find that helpful. I myself am pretty new to ZBrush and am working/learning as I go in school. Good luck!

04 April 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread