Sketchbook Thread of Johan Derycke

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2011   #1681
Nice to see an update here. If my monitor is displaying it ok, this last picture it feels (to me at least) like those raw photos without the exposure curve applied to bring the information and detail (or just light) in shadows. As the raw photos, in your painting there is no something wrong, but that could use some fine tunning or adjustement. Honestly, i wouldn´t change the painting, i´m commenting this in case you are not fully aware of this.

post more often man.

Old 12 December 2011   #1682
Thanks Juan.
I'm not sure what you mean with your comment though. The last painting has very dark areas -alizarin crimson with phthalo green or phthalo blue make a really dark black- which was perfectly intended. Anyway, it looks ok on my hardware calibrated monitor. The real painting does look better though, but this is always the case... a photo never does justice to a painting.

Well, this year is ending in a few hours.

Happy New Year to everyone!

Old 12 December 2011   #1683
I´m seeing it in another monitor and the difference is unvelievable. I was not talking about the bg though, is just that the other monitor wasn´t showing a lot of the middle tones in the overall darker areas.

Have a good year you too!

Cheers.

Old 12 December 2011   #1684
Your studies are amazing, keep up the awesome work

Old 01 January 2012   #1685
Post 1680 on the previous page in here....Great... Luv the vitality in the brushwork and beautiful use of color....Great rendering of light/shadow/shade also...Congrats

Hey..Happy New Year by the way my friend..Hope all is well with you and yours..and Best wishes for the year ahead.

As Always Johan ..Take Care..
Glenn

Old 01 January 2012   #1686
Happy New year too Johan
Nice happy flower painting - did you end up unwrapping it? I like your goal of 52 paintings this year, wish I could do that! Drawings definitely, but paintings seem to take me a lot longer to finish - it is an inspiring thought though

All the best for you and your family
a

Old 01 January 2012   #1687
Hey, Johan! How are you doing? I've visited your blog (must confess, it's been a while) and, man, you've gotten real good! I follows this artist's blog and seeing your stuff reminded me of him. Take a look at his work if you haven't seen it already. Small paintings of small things, beautiful stuff, mate! Congrats

Old 01 January 2012   #1688
I am liking these still life paintings

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

Old 02 February 2012   #1689
i love the concept of the flower piece, it just makes you look really hard at what is going on there.

Old 02 February 2012   #1690
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread