Dominance War II: Yung

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2007
Dominance War II: Yung

Hi there everyone. Glad to serve as cannon fodder. Gonna need all the advice and critiques I could need. Sketches coming soon, mind u, I am not good at concept.

Edit. Thumbnails uploaded. C&C welcome. choices choices.

My first try. Personally I am opting for the last guy on the right, but as Gauss from Polycount would said, "Don't marry your first girlfriend, or sixth! Keep working."

The first one on top is second attempt at thumbnailing some forms, which not many I liked. The second one here is the one I liked and detailed a little.

Edit:
Forgotten to add this. Generally I am opting for a melee combat expert 'Shadow', someone to get in close and deal close range catastrophe. The idea is currently between Swordsman or fist flinging.

Added numbering. I know, there's no 47. Silly me.

Last edited by Yung : 02 February 2007 at 05:26 PM.

02 February 2007
it doesn't matter, i also suck at concept sketching.

i wish you the very best for this contest!

02 February 2007
Smile

Thanks. And I wish you luck as well. May CGSociety crush the foolish three others!

02 February 2007
i like the dude in the second row in the middle with that long nasty sword (last picture of the three)

and hey...YOU suck at sketching? i think you are pretty good....

02 February 2007
Ah yes I think I know which guy you are talking about. Trust me, wait till the colors come out then you know I am sucky. But thanks, Seebaer. Hopefully I can improve more.

Anyway got to continue exploring somemore, got to resist urge to jump straight into modeling...must resist.

Anyway forgotten what is the general direction I am heading. Gonna edit the post at the top.

02 February 2007
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

okay, anyway, got to work now, and this evening i will do something more for my concept

02 February 2007
Thumbs up

some realy nice siluetes, there is quite a bunch of them so i still can't separate 1-2 of them, i had the same problem with mine quick dodles.
if you choose mele may be think more about what do you whant it to be - quick (skinny) or heavy (biffed up a bit) i think that will help you to narrow it down the specter of mele warriors. and it can evolve with some new interesting concepts.
waiting for new posts from ya mate

02 February 2007
those sketches look good. I like on the bottom jpg, the one in the middle row all the way to the right. There's just soo much character in that pose, looks very stealthy. looking forward to see your entry flesh out. Good luck!

02 February 2007
I'm tired to hear you say you suck at whatever because you obviously don't. You just need to be more confident and take time to keep working at it. Hehe. And pretty good response you are getting so far!

I actually liked the 2nd piece 2nd spider looking from the top left. The third one from the top right and the one on the bottom right corner (which I assume is what you like too) looks pretty closer to what I think you would love working with. Oh, also, just to make mentioning these thumbnails better in the future, maybe you can label them with numbers or alphabets so it would be easier for us to point out and suggest which design is better. Keep it up! And looking forward more works from you!

02 February 2007
Tastatura: Yeah thanks for the tips. I already had something in mind, but am afraid it would not fit the brief too well. I'll try to come up with something.

System404: Now with numberings added, I believe you are saying number 16? Yeah I like that guy, but not my personal first choice. Still I will develop him, because you said so! *salutes*

Hammy: Yes Hammy, I will try to be confident, but it's hard to with so many pros taking part. Anyway thanks for the numbering tips. Gonna push more into concept

02 February 2007
Here's a little short update. Basically touch up design 17 a little bit and see where I am heading to. The green and red stick will change, just a placeholder for weapons
WEE!

Edit: Uploaded refined work. For this piece, I am done for now. Moving on to next design.
Yeah I know, the sword looks weird, but it's temporary only

Last edited by Yung : 02 February 2007 at 03:31 PM.

02 February 2007
he really kicks ass, keep it up yung!

02 February 2007
Hey Yung number nine has a lot of appeal to me. I really like that assymetry in his body.

02 February 2007
Seebaer: Haha thanks. I am really too slow in this, gotta speed up a lot more. You work on yours too, I am waiting for your thread .

dsolo: No! Stop! Everytime you guys like something, I have to further clean up! Hahaha. Neh just joking, you guys are more then welcome to comment. I share your love for no.9 too, might wanna try to clean it up more. Thanks for the suggestion.

02 February 2007
yep i work on it, i edited my last post in my thread, because no one posted since me, and therefor my thread is not bumped...
but i finished colorwork on concept number one, will do this evening and tomorrow in the train a second one

*chooochooooooo*

Thread Closed share thread