Login register
reply share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 06-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #91
spartanx118
Veteran
portfolio
Martin Kalimukwa
Lusaka, Zambia

Hi guys. How hard would it be for me to switch from 3dsmax to Maya? I've used max for 3 years but I am getting into animation and want to switch to maya.

Old 08-15-2011, 05:43 PM   #92
Cyberartist26
Explorer

portfolio
Mike C.
student
Bradenton, USA

Thumbs up

Thank you so much for this thread! This is going to help out so much!!

Old 10-03-2011, 10:40 PM   #93
JorgeGecov
Frequenter
portfolio
Jorge Gecov
Concept artist
Sao Paulo, Brazil

Send a message via MSN to JorgeGecov
hello,
i am interested in download the trial version of maya.
so, i would like to know if exists in the trial version some resources as occlusion renders with mental ray, material editor as hypershade, lightning tools, and if i can take big renders something between 2k to 4k per image.

thanks!

jorge.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:07 AM   #94
Bigwil357
PRO
portfolio
WIll
washington , USA

I have a odd issue with Maya. I imported geometry form MODO, exported with FBX. I have done this before, and things worked fine. Now i am trying to do it again, and i am not able to see the geometry. I go to the outliner, and press A to get a view of the object, and i might see it for a second, and then it goes away. Its too fast to click on it. Im just wondering how do i get the geometry to import into Maya via FBX and use it like i used to. Thanks!

Old 11-05-2011, 04:52 AM   #95
Hamburger
Expert
portfolio
Where is it?
Architectural Viz
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwil357
I have a odd issue with Maya. I imported geometry form MODO, exported with FBX. I have done this before, and things worked fine. Now i am trying to do it again, and i am not able to see the geometry. I go to the outliner, and press A to get a view of the object, and i might see it for a second, and then it goes away. Its too fast to click on it. Im just wondering how do i get the geometry to import into Maya via FBX and use it like i used to. Thanks!

Change your camera clip planes to something larger or scale the model down.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:36 PM   #96
Bigwil357
PRO
portfolio
WIll
washington , USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburger
Change your camera clip planes to something larger or scale the model down.

Thanks for your reply! The problem was that when I imported in the model, the scale was too large. I also found out that in the perspective view, the visibility is cut off at a certian distance. It seems that when looking through the camera, this is not an issue. Anyways, I am happy that I can continue my work and have faith in the modo+ Maya connection. Thanks!

Old 11-05-2011, 10:59 PM   #97
Hamburger
Expert
portfolio
Where is it?
Architectural Viz
Australia

Thats what i mean by the camera clip planes. if you select the camera and open the attribute editor. in amongst the attributes you will see references to near clip and far clip. if you make them both larger you will see your model without clipping. this is probably the best way rather than scaling as your model will stay at the right scale (1:1).

Hope this psot makes sense im on the phone here

Old 11-06-2011, 03:45 AM   #98
Bigwil357
PRO
portfolio
WIll
washington , USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburger
Thats what i mean by the camera clip planes. if you select the camera and open the attribute editor. in amongst the attributes you will see references to near clip and far clip. if you make them both larger you will see your model without clipping. this is probably the best way rather than scaling as your model will stay at the right scale (1:1).

Hope this psot makes sense im on the phone here

Oh yeah, it made perfect sense. Thanks!

Old 01-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #99
Vestochka
portfolio
Svetlana Uzkikh
Kharkov, Ukraine

Question the problem of opening of incorrect saved file.

Hi!
I am sorry for my English, but I try to explain my problem with saving file in Maya.
I just finished my character modeling and disided to save the file. I saved this , but in that time Maya was closed and I think my file did not saved. But I know that there was Incremental Saves ( I saved often) and when I opened my last saved file, I noticed that only part of geomenty was in the scene. I looked at all folders of Incremental Save and all files ther were broken. ( only part of geomenty was there, not my last model)

Is some way to restore my last file? with my finished character model?

I hope you understand my question..

Old 02-15-2012, 03:35 AM   #100
coldhart
portfolio
coldhart
3rd Dimension, India

Until now i was using maya & max "2009" which is quite stable & bugfree version but now i want to use some latest version so which one is better 2011 or 2012 in terms of stability,plugins availability & features? which maya version prefered in film studios

Old 02-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #101
rolilli
Lilliane Rosschaert
Antwerp, Belgium

Maya PLE?

Hello,

I have tried to find the Maya Personal Learning Edition.

I downloaded the trail version in the hope i would be given the choise between trail or PLE
but that was not so.
Is there a place where I can stil download the PLE?

Regards,
rolilli.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #102
splinefx
portfolio
Russia

HI.

I'm learning Maya now. I wanna make Vertical Orientation of Input and Output Connections in Hypergraph as default, but I can't. It's possible?

Every time after closing Hypergraph this value resetting, and when I will open it again and turn on Input and Output Connections then I will see Horizontal Orientation. And I must go to menu again and choose vertical type of orientation. Simple and stupid problem, simple and stupid question but it makes me really crazy. Google doesn't talk to me, I didn't find the answer. Please help.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:18 PM   #103
halmirdax

portfolio
Rosanna Rann
Artist
United Kingdom

Red face

I'm having a perplexing Extrude problem. Attempting to extrude 3 faces that are all beside each other, I've got 'Keep faces together' ticked and history is on. As soon as I click extrude each of the faces splits and then becomes it's own extrusion.
To put this in context, I'm trying to widen some feet on a character model. But I'm getting three tentacles instead coming out of the sides. Thank you to whoever can help!

Old 10-02-2015, 05:20 AM   #104
notnoyyyyy

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Notnoyyyyy `
Web Design & Web Developer
Thailand

Thank you for post . i will do it .

reply share thread