CGTalk > Gallery > CG Awards
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Old 05-21-2012, 02:20 AM   #61
rosemary kid
tokyo, Japan
lovely scene! the atmosphere is so romantic! nice work!
Cloud Render Service
Old 08-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #62
Lord of the posts
Rajendra Kumar Verma
Senior FX Faculty / 3d Generalist
Mumbai, India
Great piece of work...what a romantic mood there man!! congrats Kleber
Old 12-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #63
glen glasgow
reverse engineering
san diego, USA
I like it. You mentioned that you wanted someone to recreate this in 3D? Has anyone submitted anything yet?
Reverse Engineering FARO Arm, ROMER Arm, & 3D Laser Scanning
Old 03-26-2013, 08:20 PM   #64
Very nice. This makes me feel very nostalgic.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:10 PM   #65

How to hire you? I seem to be unable to contact you here on CG Society.

Originally Posted by kleber3d

Title: in love
Name: Kleber darcio
Software: 3ds max, BodyPaint, Photoshop, VRay, ZBrush

Developed for image portfolio.
I once saw a beautiful 2D illustration of a news portal in Brazil, the picture illustrated an article on couples in love. Try your best to reproduce it in 3D. The quality is far from unique in that it is indeed wonderful. but I hope you like it.
I do not have the address of the image that was in that portal, but it was very similar to the one reproduced in 3D.
I hope you enjoy!
I used 3dsmax, vray, photoshop and zbrush.
the hair was made ​​with hair and fur, cloth and clothes with fx.

the idea was to represent a man in love and the girl not so much. "indifferent".
Old 12-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #66
Pablo Levera
Mexico, Mexico
Exclamation CGSociety being fooled

Sorry to be against all the opinions here. But i really don't think that's fair that a job like this receive a CGChoice Award, or compliments like "Hey this is an incredible Art piece"...

Everything on the Real "Reference" (Murai's image), is, and looks better than that 3D Version (IMO). The original Artist has all the credits to make such a beautiful mood, expressions colors, set design, cloths (with very little differences), etc.

The 3D Version looks ok alone, but itīs a downgrade in every pixel in comparison to the original illustration. All the modifications made over the illustration made the image Worst (The pictures on the wall looks uglier), the fact that there's just one MilkShake on the original and 2 on the 3D Version makes it less powerfull too, the Huge window behind the couple has a better cartoonish look (distorted) on the original and it's just a square/boring on the 3D Version...

Even the Camera Perspective looks more interesting on the original illustration, with wider angles. The 3D Version tried to replicate points that's not necessary like design details on the set, even the number of "Tiles" on the left side of the image (4), are equal. The illustration was never posted as a reference it was just "dicovered later" by another guy. Showing that the effort searching for the real creator of the image was not even a complain by the 3D Artist.

Sorry for that Kleber. You look like artist in a way of improvement,and make some good images, but not this one. This looks just a replication work of something already beautiful and, sorry to talk this way, but it have all the ingredients to looks like someone just wants to "suck" art from an "undefined artist" and use it for your own purposes. I can't see where's the contribution to the original art here. Cause, for my eyes, the Murai's image looks better in every aspect.
I can see the technical good aspect of the image, but unfortunatelly it's not what its making this image "looks" incredible. This is just "murai's" credits (look&Feel).
I can't see no need for a 3D "version" if it's beeing creative or at least adding something better to the piece.

Here's the original illustration, with a great making of, showing the huge work behind it to make it looks incredible :

I think thatīs isnīt fair that this artwork received CgChoice award being a direct clone of another artwork, not an "homage"... Heīs not even giving the proper credits to the original artist or putting links for the original illustration...

Old 12-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #67
Kleber darcio
São Paulo, Brazil
Send a message via MSN to kleber3d

I agree with everything you said, my image is much lower than the 2d version of Will Murai, but if you notice the topic that I will see how I knew the author of the 2d, gave the due credits.
when I developed the image 2d had only seen the picture on a news portal in Brazil. but as soon informed me that it was the Will Murai.

anyway, thanks for your comments.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #68
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread