Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 10-03-2012, 02:55 AM   #16
Panupat
Expert

portfolio
Panupat Chong
Thailand

... I didn't say *you* were picky. I said *mov* is picky.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #17
zoharl
A newbie

portfolio
Zohar
Wellington, New Zealand

My meaning was I don't mind the format. I'll tell what I told to the camtasia's 'senior' supporter (our conversation is in the attached .pdf): Take my movie and convert it to any format you like (I can provide image sequence as well). Put it through camtasia and output any format you like, but I want the resulting movie not to be choppy, and in the optimal case I would prefer loseless.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #18
kgimedia
portfolio
kgimedia
L.A., USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoharl
Hi,

I created a movie in camtasia - I needed screen capture, call out, titles, and other effects - but the .mov export seems buggy, and it produced incorrect effects at some places.
Can you recommend me of a more serious program? But please, not too serious, I'm just a casual user, and I would prefer something as easy and intuitive as camtasia.

Virtualdub - free screen capture.
convert and edit files - see mov to avi

Old 01-12-2013, 07:40 AM   #19
zoharl
A newbie

portfolio
Zohar
Wellington, New Zealand

I know VirtualDub, its uses standard codec such as ffmpeg, and I already said that converting the .mov to .avi didn't help. Unless you suggested that I forgo camtasia and move to VirtualDub??

Old 01-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #20
zoharl
A newbie

portfolio
Zohar
Wellington, New Zealand

Guys, you must be joking...

I had to make another movie this week, and after pulling my hair with camtasia, I tried premiere for two hours. Different beast?? It does everything camtasia tries to do:

1. It can import/export image sequence - essential feature missing in camtasia.
2. It can eat most formats - camtsia has a problem with most formats.
3. I needed to add some captions to a clip. In camtasia I reached track 8 (what a mess), and each caption need to be calibrated in the time line. Premiere: One title, add as many captions as you want.
4. The dumbest of them all: Squeeze a clip between other clips in camtasia involves zooming out, selecting all the items in the 100 tracks (all captions) and dragging them to the right, then add the clip, and repeat the first step to drag back. If there's a space for the clip, sometimes just the selected track is pushed to the right, and all the items lose synch with the other tracks.
Premiere: ctrl+drag, pushes the synched tracks automatically to the right.
5. The interface of premiere is snappy, and it has the cool feature of dragging the timeline and hearing the audio of fast. Camtasia is slow and feels buggy.
6. Premier has a track tool that can push all the clips in a track after the click clip, and with shift pressed, it would apply to all the tracks.
7. Camtasia generates buggy movies. Suddenly some colored boxes appear, or some transition effect is lost.

To sum it up, do yourself a favor and move to premiere.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:52 PM   #21
Nyro
Lurking

portfolio
A. D.
Vertex Slinger
Munich, Germany

Quote:
It does everything camtasia tries to do:

Except recording video...

Old 01-18-2013, 04:41 AM   #22
zoharl
A newbie

portfolio
Zohar
Wellington, New Zealand

Hmm, I didn't thought of this.

(Do you usually lace your maya movies with screen capture?)

But isn't screen capture like something basic?
What's the difference between, let's say, camtasia and camStudio?
Don't you prefer good editing tools for you movie?

Old 01-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #23
Nyro
Lurking

portfolio
A. D.
Vertex Slinger
Munich, Germany

I'm not saying camtasia is a good editing suite. It never even occurred to me to try it once I had captured my video.
I've always used Premiere and After Effects for my own needs.

That said, camtasia's automatic zoom and captioning features are uniquely designed for screen captured content, functionality that other editing programs can't easily duplicate.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #24
zoharl
A newbie

portfolio
Zohar
Wellington, New Zealand

You are making more sense by the minute.

On an unrelated question, yesterday I used premiere for the first time. Can it be that I found a bug already:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5004658#5004658

Is it just my luck, and I'm sort of a bug magnet, or is there no decent company nowadays? For one, Ann looks like an experienced user, and jump to the conclusion of a bug without blinking. Can it be that just like that they removed a feature (which from the look of it, seems important), and even forgot some left overs? I need to check the doc and the changes log. On the bright side, if I decipher the 'staff' icon correctly, it appears that there's an adobe guy already on it.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #25
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread