Rigging legs so they can retract into the body of a bird? (Star wars Porg)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

04 April 2018
Rigging legs so they can retract into the body of a bird? (Star wars Porg)

I am modelling and rigging a porg from star wars for a university assignment. I am not sure what the best way to rig it is, so that the legs can retract into the body, but still bend at the knee and jump? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Arran.

04 April 2018
This is rig by many ways i think best way is you create two joint chain main chain is ik chain and second chain is retract chain driven by attribute at the time of retract the ik handle is disable and parent to the retract chain otherwise work normal

04 April 2018
Originally Posted by shuklashi: This is rig by many ways i think best way is you create two joint chain main chain is ik chain and second chain is retract chain driven by attribute at the time of retract the ik handle is disable and parent to the retract chain otherwise work normal
Do you know where I could find a visual example of this? Thank you very much for the help, but im still a little confused.

04 April 2018
Sorry i dont any visual if you wish i do for you

04 April 2018
Originally Posted by shuklashi: Sorry i dont any visual if you wish i do for you
thank you! If its no trouble, please could you.

04 April 2018
ok Please send me model and reference of leg exact what you want on shuklam26@gmail.com

reply share thread