Lightwave Feature Request

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2010
Kurt...

Yes, the thread was hijacked. I plan to start a new thread once we see the press release and we can start a new discussion based off what is presented. In the meanwhile, response to the questions above were what prompted this discussion.

As for EI's worthiness as a tool, it does quite well in the architecture field (as you stated) but also does well in broadcast design. Either market would be capable of supporting a niche application like EIAS if the owning company were to specifically choose to cater to that market. That's never happened before. EITG continued to push EIAS as an all around product and squared it off against the top 5.

I've mentioned several times before, if EI is to go against the top five, its priorities must change.

Previsualization Society - Founder / Secretary
Independent - Sr. Previs & Layout Supervisor

01 January 2010
Originally Posted by Gigayoda: Brian,

On an odd note. If Tomas / Igors are driving EIAS and probably announcing their plans then, wouldn't EITG also resume announcing their status on EIM/Tesla? Maybe the "Developmental changes at EI Technology Group" might be updated to resonate the new partnership. May 27th, 2009 that's some time off for core product updates / news. News on Amorphium?

Ok, I won't post any more un-supportive posts here until I see the announcement.

Hi Wilson,

The only information I have on Telsa is Brad's consistent commitment on bringing it back on the market. I know the deal with Tomas and the Igors, along with the Ramjac situation created a huge detour for Brad. Now that the deal is complete, we should see forward momentum again. Or at least we hope.

01 January 2010
My 2 cents here. Over the years, quite often with EI, they say they are ready to announce some exciting news. But turns out they are not really ready and users were made to wait and wait, sometimes very very long. Maybe in the future, they should have everything ready to go 100%, press releases already written, everything finalized before letting a single word out.

01 January 2010
Well nobody has actually announced anything (product wise) other than a change in ownership. So we don't know what that entails. So the PR should help clarify that.

01 January 2010
Originally Posted by 3dData: I'll believe it when I read it.
Judging by some of the things I have read about here (like Tesla) I think IŽll wait until I see it before I believe it

01 January 2010
Originally Posted by dwu67: My 2 cents here. Over the years, quite often with EI, they say they are ready to announce some exciting news. But turns out they are not really ready and users were made to wait and wait, sometimes very very long. Maybe in the future, they should have everything ready to go 100%, press releases already written, everything finalized before letting a single word out.

Originally Posted by Vizfizz: Well nobody has actually announced anything (product wise) other than a change in ownership. So we don't know what that entails. So the PR should help clarify that.

Actually no official announcement has been made AT ALL.
There was only a "leak" of information in this thread

Let's wait and see what the official statement is.

Last edited by arketype : 01 January 2010 at 03:27 AM.

01 January 2010
Dave you know as well as I do that the hand off of EIAS from EITG to the Igors and Tomas is public knowledge.

http://www.eitechnologygroup.com/ne...chnology_group/

After receiving word that the deal was complete from Brad, I posted it here. All I stated was the "deal" was done. Numerous users have written me wanting to know the status of the deal.

Nothing was "leaked", nothing was compromised and if anything, after 8 months of total silence, I think people were wanting to hear some kind of news as to what's going on.

Product details and the specifics of the deal have not been posted, nor would they be. That is up to the Igors and Tomas to unveil.

01 January 2010
Well, that's my point, exactly
Brad, Tomas, and the Igors have not posted any info here directly.
So no "official" announcement or communication has been made to the community.
I was also referring to David Wu's comment about users getting partial information, and having to "wait and wait" for the full story.

We are all anxious for news, but let's wait for an official announcement from them.
If the "deal" (whatever it is) is done or nearly done, then we should not have long to wait.

Last edited by arketype : 01 January 2010 at 12:10 PM.

01 January 2010
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread