Hey Alonzo

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2009
Hey Alonzo

Alonzo,

Where is your web site? Interested in your rig DVD and can't find the page.

12 December 2009
I don't have an official webpage. Just realized I made a YT ReadyRigs site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM-vrM2U9q0

However I have lots of samples on youtube.
I have those samples posted "everywhere".

However, if you interested in purchasing the Deformer Rig DVD.

Just got to paypal and send $85 to

athreet@adelphia.net

if you have any other questions just email me.

12 December 2009
Originally Posted by AVTPro: I don't have an official webpage. Just realized I made a YT ReadyRigs site.

Funny, i always assumed you have one ?!

Regards
Stefan

12 December 2009
Dvd

Thanks for the reply. What is on the DVD Alonzo?

Steve

12 December 2009
ACK!!! I was wondering where that site went !

I haven't seen that in years!! The internet is so BIG things can get lost very easily.

I have sold many DVDs, I work mainly by word of mouth. My services change so much on a year to year basis, I haven't done a demo in a decades. Mainly I study, and do work to keep that going.

I will do a search on EITG forum and post here. I know have put a lot of info out there.
I have a Mac iDisk, so after I get purchases from paypal I either upload the files or mail the disk.

This is the first ReadyRigs site of the Salemans which is free on EITG downloads. It's many just the rig.
Here's another I don't use. http://www.cafepress.com/AVTPro.11058647

The Deformer Rig DVD is completely different. It uses EI deformers for the spine. The DVD is lengthy but thorough, but once you learn it, it's very easy to do.
I also try to support users personally for an hour because most are working on projects.

I am doing a new DVD but I'm working on large project for an auto manufacturer right now. So my character stuff is down for a month. This Human Rig is going to be faster and more direct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anBuffeR9Fk

Also, I want to do Robot Rig DVD but it would be super easy.

Lots of the Rig DVD stuff is a labor of love, and a good bit informal still but it's worth it to have the info available and I pick up a good dollar for a electric or phone bill

Thanks you everyone who has support my efforts.

Last edited by AVTPro : 12 December 2009 at 09:27 PM.

12 December 2009
I'm also thinking about doing a character creation ZBrush GoZ to EI Character setup.

12 December 2009
Ok. found a post where describe the contents of the DVD at EITG.

http://www.eitechnologygroup.com/forums/viewthread/775/

This techniques demonstrates how to use strength maps to weight character without a lot of hassle. It discusses good cages and exclusion mapping to hone the skin. This is a production smart technique based on “invisible initial bind”.

This is lesson 28 of the Deformer Rig DVD. I believe all sections of the Strength Maps are currently online (26, 27 and 28).

I indexed the video. Rigging isn’t as exciting as animation

1:38 — cages
2:00 — Explain the problem vert.
2:14 — Understanding cages vs hi-res
2;40 — Maya proxy rig for skinning. (Wrap Deformer aka Smart Skin)
3:07 — Comment IDEA AWARD (David Wu, Brian Pohl)
4:00 — Wrap Deformer, Encage, Proxy SDS,

Editing the skin

7:00 — Position Skin for Editing.
8:00 — Isolate Bone effecting stray vertex.
9:00 — Subjective Weighting (Exclusion)
11:00— Create Strength Map on Skin
12:00— Paint off weight
13:00 — Editing
14:00 — Testing, Experimenting
15:00 — Done.
16:00 — click on Encage
16:00 — Joking

Weight Mapping Fingers

17:00 — Evaluating finger Weighting
18:00— Reverted
19:00 — Finger Webbing
20:00— Slight Demo on using Morph to sculpt hand gesture.
(Modeling by AVT, Render by David Wu)
21:00 — (+/-) Plus and Minus Strength Maps.
23:00 — Subtracting Priority.
25:00 — Stretchy Geometry through Skinning.
26:00 — Sculpting/Honing Form with Weight Map
27:00 — Stray Vert.
29:00 — Evaluating Maps for
30:00 — Fix dupe

32:00— Conclusion

28. Skin Fingers
http://homepage.mac.com/avtpro5/.Public/28. skin fingers.mov.zip

For the other vids go to
http://homepage.mac.com/avtpro5

12 December 2009
"I'm also thinking about doing a character creation ZBrush GoZ to EI Character setup"
That could be a very interesting idea, Alonzo. Hope you can.

FelixCat

12 December 2009
Cool Felix and thanks for your support.

When you get the opportunity, if you can provide a list of your expectations for a GoZ to EIAS, I will take it into consideration.

I not sure of the state of Ramjac Dynamics in EI but with the basic character tool, UV import and other technologies present in EI, I believe a great deal can be down with it's fundamental CA interface tools.

12 December 2009
Here's a good sample of what the Deformer Rig does really well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdPPVFH8f2s

12 December 2009
Hi, Alonzo.
I think you are right in this (but with the basic character tool, UV import and other technologies present in EI, I believe a great deal can be down with it's fundamental CA interface tools) more or less. But, BUT if you need your characters to speak you are in deep shit. It΄s owfully hard. It΄s tedious and slow. And very unacurate (?). A tool like TAFA (another great tool almost death in the water) makes me very envious but there is no way to use in link with EiAS (or in MAC, btw). I know, i tryed, i spoke too much with is creator, and Igors but no spetial interest.
And we need a sort of modeller, SILO is dead too (apparently, has no breathing in months).
Weeeell, i΄m ranting.
I appreciate your efforts, and Brian, and Ian and some more but...
FelixCat

12 December 2009
I hear you loud and clear Felix. I haven't done enough lipsynch work in EI to really analyze any workflow efficiencies.

The was I did to it was to use a Magpie scores sheet. Then once the keyframes were chart they could be either exported or visually keyed into EI but with the help of a chart.

I recall Lance Evan, Gustavo and Mark having a CA Media which all this stuff was authored in a MediaBook. I don't know if it's still for sale or even what ever happened to Lance? If you can get your hands on the stuff I would highly recommend it eventhough i have never seen anyone doing any CA from that work, Gus seem to had years of experience with CA before me. I have only recently used IK Spines in EI and I still don't have a FK/IK setup. I do it in maya because it preprogrammed tools. In EI it must be built from scratch and regarless i still perfer the feel of FK in EI. My IK Human Rig DVD, it almost complete and it's very useable in EI.

Lance had a product called Headgames. As I recall it made importing LipSync a snap in EI. Also, it somehow made the Morph Target more fluid. Again, I don't know exactly what it was about because I never used it. At the time I was promoting my own rig.

So MagPie or any type of LipSync chart. There was another but I don't recall what the name was. Keep in mind, it's a lot easy even without the export functions and that Disney animators did it with paper and a metronome or stop watch. Its an art.

So, with all that said, the other option that I hear to EI animator raving about is SCRUBING.
It seems if you can scrub the sound and the animation together, that is all that is needed to key it straighforword.

I spend so little time animating. I understand the principles and rules and have a good feel for it. By the time I finished all the other things I have to do with a character (Designing, Modeling, UV, Texturing/Painting Rigs, ) I barely get a couple of hours to animate.

Last animation I did, I had to do animate 3 or 4 characters doing 4 or 5 different things in a hour. My biggest asset to animation nowadays is a fast Mac. that's it. The rest of everything I get through anyway I can .

Last edited by AVTPro : 12 December 2009 at 11:44 AM.

12 December 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread