Depth buffer output?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2005
Depth buffer output?

I´m having a hard time getting a correct depth output, it shows up the right way when clicking through the preview window. But when I try to render it out as a file (tried different formats) I can only get it to look like an alpha. I have checked trough the channels of the image in photoshop, but there is only alpha info.

Another question is why changeing the focal distance doesn´t seem to affect the depth buffer? What setting do I tweek to get the depth to go deeper into the picture before it reaches the maximum value (white)?

Any help greatly appreciated/
Aron

09 September 2005
Ok, I´m starting to get a feeling that this might be a bug.
When I render out both an alpha and a depth file and open both files up in a image viewer,
I can see that they differ in that the alpha file got antialias on the edges and the depth file doesn´t, just like they should. Only that the depth output looks like the alpha output only black and white

Anyone else care to try to get an correct depth file output?

09 September 2005
Anyone? please.. I want to use a 2d DOF filter on a render.

09 September 2005
Got it to work with help of the tonemapping function, NOT I thought I had it but no!

Last edited by AAAron : 09 September 2005 at 04:36 PM.

09 September 2005
Hi tried a bit more and I really cant figure this out. Is it a bug or am I missing something?
I would really appreciate if someone with more experience of Messiah could give me a hint.

Best

Aron

09 September 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread