Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Da Feng

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2005
You've made some pretty drastic changes from what I last saw :P The lower saturation looks better.

Perhaps it's a difference between our monitors, but I see a lot of black. It kinda confuses the depth, especially in the sky, as it becomes more difficult to determine the time of day and the weather conditions. In most of your areas, the darkest darks are all the same value, and they compete with each other for attention. Maybe you could try color variations in the clouds instead of using black, as it's creating a lot of negative space that leads to the foreground because of the black smoke from the building.

Keep it up! You can do it!

01 January 2005
Final Coloring: Eripere "Rescue"

hey... thought id find a cool name so i thought latin... dont ask y.. i just like latin... anyway.. thanks to ALOT OF HELP from yeewu i got this... gotta tidy it up a little then im done :D

01 January 2005
Final Image: Eripere "Rescue"

We feel for the souls that have been lost during the war, the souls that fought bravely to protect the innocent, but does anyone think about what to do after the war? Rescue is just as essential and many can be lost through the chaos after battles.

My image is about the search and rescue operation that is dont after the battle, and the name Eripere means Rescue in latin. Anyway i hope ppl will like this image, and its been great fun doing this compo

Da

01 January 2005
Thumbs up Good final !

Yo Feng! I see you finished, congratulations, I like the atmosphere of your scene! See you at the next challenge!

01 January 2005
thanks m8 after i submitted at like the last minute... i noticed that i got SOOOOO much more to put in.... ahh well thats life :P

01 January 2005
Hi daada,

congrats to your work. The mood and atmosphere are very well. You found a way to deal with characters and at the same time showing a grand environment without creating a poster look. Thatīs difficult and youīve achieved it very well. Finally the composition works very well - so donīt worry about the things you couldnīt include - because that counts most.

Good luck to you
Fahrija

01 January 2005
Thumbs up woooowww

Thiiiiiiiiisss is much BETTER than the other one you made dada.I`ts NOT that confusing and much more alive.I really really like that.It Proves what i said concerning you.You are born to become a great artist one day.

01 January 2005
THANKS!! im gonna see if i can do the daily sketch so i cant get better at sketching... which is really where i need to improve :P

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread