G5 Power Mac Versus OTHERS

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Erik Heyninck
When will you all grow up, huh???

A "new member" posts this thing with the obvious intention to start a flame, and you all dance to his pipes.

It does NOT matter which is the fastest as for example the render settings of a less experienced user will make the render time ten times as long, and no puter can help that.

PC's are fast enough, and so is/will be the G5 for those who can afford to buy one. No one can see on a finished image whether it has been done on PC or on Mac, or how long it took to render.

On the forum that I mod, this kind of silly provocative thread would be locked, and the New Member would be warned to stop his childish games.

Back to work!

Sorry didn't mean to "flame" or anything like that
I worked myself for 6 years on an apple, these days I'm on a pc. But I'm thinking about buying a new system for Cinema4D and I found this on a dutch site. I tought this may could be usefull for other people.

08 August 2003
I am not on the mac, but on PC, yet I do hope that the G5 will give mac users what they deserve: a good and fast and reliable puter that allows them to be creative in Cinema with acceptable render times. I couldn't care less whether someone else could render faster than me because, as I said, render settings have a greater impact than is taken into account in threads like this one.

I assembled my own PC (you reacted on my cinebench posting) but now that it's working, I'm mainly interested in being creative, which is why I bought this puter in the first place.

I would not close the thread because the G5 did not show te surperiority Jobs boasted it to have (we all know how he exaggerates), but because most informed people already know these results, and posting them into a new thread is provocative.

Good of you to defend a fellow-counrtyman!

08 August 2003
Apple is running a commercial in the States that says "introducing the worlds fastest personal computer." Now I know advertisers always exaggerate things, but it's fairly uncommon to see one that just lies outright like that. I found it just a little shocking, but they must figure they can get away with such nonsense.

08 August 2003
Quote: I would not close the thread because the G5 did not show te surperiority Jobs boasted it to have (we all know how he exaggerates), but because most informed people already know these results, and posting them into a new thread is provocative.

People get informed by sharing information. What he posted isn't on a site I regularly visit and its the first new bench I've stumbled on since apple's released benches a month ago.
I didn't see anything troll like about his post. He merely said "Hey, heres a site benching the G5 with C4d"

As for 64 bit software; We likely would not even notice if it were so.

08 August 2003
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz close this thread!
Didn't mean to offend anyone, I love Macs myself
Don't want a bad name on this forum

08 August 2003
Aaaah the dear old pc-mac fights, i missed them!

Thread Closed share thread