An inquirey; I need a 'best of' list

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2010   #1
Talking An inquirey; I need a 'best of' list

I am working on some general education courses at the moment, in college, with plans to transfer out. I've read through about 4 pages of this forum looking for something that just doesn't seem to be present. I may be wrong, but if I am, I beg you to point me in the right direction!

Now, here is what I what I am looking for:

I need, really, to know what is the known 'best of' for 3D Modeling courses. I am not looking to do online, and I need to stay in the United States. I'd quite like to get an Bachelors. I am currently looking at Academy of Art University, and considering the BFA course in Animation and Visual Effects, focus on Modeling.

I know that there seems to be a general consensus to not go to a 'technical' college, Full Sail and the likes... and I think I agree. I want a more art based schooling that will help me develop an eye and a set of skills that I need.

After I get my degree, where I go for it, I am then planning on working in the game industry. Character modeling is what I enjoy, what I crave, and I want to immerse myself in it. But I need a path to get there.

So, CGTalk, can you provide?

Old 01 January 2010   #2
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread