creation and the creator

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2007
There is an evolution in your work. I'm interested in. The image on the left (the creation maker, I suppose)... Is hand drawn or a scan?

Really love the old paper aspect of the background.

EDIT: of course it's a spelling mistake... The image on the right I'd say.

dartrender

Last edited by LAV : 12 December 2007 at 09:36 AM.

12 December 2007
I'm interested in it too... The color and the abstractness yet clearly a human are interresting.
could you explain the technical side? and the story? I can't perceive which one is the creation.

12 December 2007
Smile

Hi thank you for your interests in my work.

LAV: hope all is well....the old paper effect is from markers drawn on a non absorbent paper called pergamino...the markers I use are chartpak's...I use them because I cant capture certain chemical processes with digital technology at the moment....so I spent time in october practicing using them and developing a library of images...to be used at a later date....similarly to the fractals...then I scanned them in a used those for brushing and montage...the great thing is that photoshop can combine them...yet I retain the "organic" "look" of the stroke.

I then combine them with my fractal library and listen to my thoughts and my feelings and open the door and make a piece...actually adobe bridge is just as important as photoshop...usually the name for the piece comes into the middle or end of the work....sometimes I know what I want when I start.

its hard...because these are two different types of abstraction that I am trying to mediate...

about evolution...I will not be regalated to any program now an material...be it oils, markers, photoshop, maxwell, apophysis, houdini, maya, zbrush...to me these programs are brushes....not the brushes inside the program...they are all just tools to make the work I want/need to express...

Furthermore: I dont see any tool as being "easy"...its all takes a certain measure of human fascination to spend time with a tool...and the amount of time you focus on that the more you develop more than a certain level of awareness.

point in case: in my color field work I was focused on textural fields of patterned I had developed ... I desired to see these on a large scale...not to say this is MY style....more because I missed the work of abstract expressionists...like jackson pollock, reinhardt, de kooning, etc...

knowing I would never have one in my house I used my new laptop...and started making that "body" of work at the beach....hires....so that one day I could have it for myself...big...on a wall...for my friends and family to enjoy.

about the recent change:

I didnt want to cause a fuss about fractal work...but due to the rude commentary of a user I decided to up the ante...

and submit more work....this time leveraging more power to photoshop to balance the synthetic advantage of apophysis...the power is in a)digital acetate(layers) b) photo manipulation and reexposure.

mahagnosis:

about the piece:

we should all question our creativity...try and become acquainted with it...and nurture it...

as always it is open to interpretation...the treatment of the character is meant to be kept loose...again....I dont believe an apophysis render is enough to make a piece of artwork(personal opinion)...and neither is a marker sketch...i say this because I believe "creative effort" doesnt make art necessarily...even though it is artistic.

...a synergistic montage...however...gets my attention...something where the programs and traditional media you use lose definition...its becomes a piece of art work...absolutely open to interpretation.

so...I hope you like it...because I have to start uploading my lsystems.

thank you for your creative support.

12 December 2007
Original art masterpiece
Realy good aadams realy good

12 December 2007
big thanks!!!Lets keep going on with more submissions!

full throttle!

12 December 2007
Beautiful colour palette!

12 December 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread