Afterburn with Vray

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2013   #1
Afterburn with Vray

Hello everyone, I am having some problems rendering out a Afterburn scene in Max with Vray. I am not sure what it is I am doing wrong. And for the last 4 hours I have been watching tuts and searching the web to figure it out, but I haven't had any luck yet. What I am trying to do is render out a bullet scene that has a shell falling to the ground with a Pflow object emitter that is linked to the shell for the smoke. I have added the source and my 3 vray lights into after burn, but when I render I don't get no smoke just the shell. I can click on the display in viewport button and it shows up but still no dice on the render. If anyone could shed some light on this subject I would appreciate it. I am currently using 3DS Max 2014, Afterburn 4.1 and Vray 2.40.

Old 01 January 2014   #2
Hi Lad,

Originally Posted by Lad2050: .....Afterburn scene in Max with Vray....

V-Ray can't render Afterburn because is incompatible (I know this and I'm sure 95%)... You can render your simulation with Scanline or Mental Ray and composite all in your final scene with After Effects, Fusion or Nuke (one compositing software if you know/use it).

Alternative use FumeFx and render with V-Ray because is compatible.

I hope to help you

Matteo

VFX | CG Artist
available for freelance jobs
www.art2upz.com

RnD | Simulation Reel July 2014
3D Generalist Reel Winter 2012

Old 01 January 2014   #3
Originally Posted by MatteoM: V-Ray can't render Afterburn because is incompatible (I know this and I'm sure 95%)...
It should render fine actually. For V-Ray 3.0 we also made it possible to use V-Ray lights with AfterBurn.

Best regards,
Vlado

Old 01 January 2014   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread