Hide shape nodes in channelbox

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2013   #1
Hide shape nodes in channelbox

I have a custom control that really only has one attribute but many shape nodes that make it up. I'd really like to hide the shape nodes in the channel box when that specific object is selected so as to clear up the clutter(I know I will have to use a scriptJob). I've tried
channelBox -showTransforms 0 mainChannelBox
but it doesn't really work right. Anyone know how to achieve this? I should add, I'm working in 2014.

Last edited by notLee : 07 July 2013 at 09:08 PM.

Old 07 July 2013   #2
If you never want to see those shapeNodes you can set their "isHistoricallyInteresting" attribute to 0. Then they wont show up in the channelBox or attribute editor.

David

Old 07 July 2013   #3
Talking

You rock...thank you it worked perfectly.

Old 07 July 2013   #4
Originally Posted by djx: If you never want to see those shapeNodes you can set their "isHistoricallyInteresting" attribute to 0. Then they wont show up in the channelBox or attribute editor.

David

The 'bad' thing about 'isHistoricallyInteresting' is that if you set it to zero, the node is no longer visible in the channelBox when you select the node itself, not only when you select nodes up or downstream. But its still visible in the AE then.

Instead, AD should allow for a attribute value where the node is visible in the channelBox when you select it itself, but invisible as part of a history...

Old 07 July 2013   #5
Maybe they should, but its not really a big issue for me. Marking menu, shelf button or hot key. Choose one and configure to toggle state for selected items.

David

Old 07 July 2013   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread