Low Poly Environment WIP

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2005
nice work man, I always go to this thread for inspiration :] just keep them projects rollin man!

10 October 2005
Dude U are more and more inspiring me. Do U have some plan, idea how big it will be, or are U just making the object and place them? From where are U taking the inspiration for the models?? From photos or just from a head (or whrom the window view ).

I have nothing special to crit, maybe something when U finish the texturing. And like always, more stuff like barrels wheels or others are need in here.

Take care mate.

10 October 2005
hey!!

wow, this environment is nicely done.
have no crits that i can add.
though i would like to ask you a question.
where did you get the documentation from that taught you how to import stuff to the half-life 2 engine? when i was trying to do it i found it difficult and couldn't really find any good sources of information on the net.

cheers!!

12 December 2005
My suggestion would be to add a little graffiti here and there
It looks a lot like Russia after the 2nd world war.... So perhaps also some bloodstains or empty guns/bullets as props? just suggesting mate One thing i notice is that some of the textures are repeating just a little to much to be realistic... but a great job nonetheless

12 December 2005
Cheers for the resurrection mate, this thread has been long dead...since finding work I haven't had much time to do any work on this, I might get some time over Christmas, but I might use that to start a new side project....we'll see, thanks for the crits

01 January 2006
These environments are ace! How did you set up the lighting and did you use normal maps on them?

Once again great stuff, and I'll come back for inspirations.

01 January 2006
Hey thanks, brought this back to life again! The light setup is low GI, with 2 directional lights one simulating the sun, the other softening the shadows, not casting any itself, a pretty much standard 3-point lighting rig and there are no normal maps in the scene just diffuse. thanks again!

Last edited by Mastahful : 01 January 2006 at 01:36 PM.

01 January 2006
I am still wondering how people managed to texture a building on a single Texture Sheet...I am still trying to learn that as I want to build environments....

Great stuff, Mastahful

01 January 2006
yeh agreed definitely some cool stuff, i hadn't properly read this thread before, it would be really really really nice to see the models without GI though

01 January 2006
Thanks guys, you just wont let this die lol!

HaloAnimator: Yeah full texture sheets are good but not all the time, and good tiling is
pretty much essential in most game environments..

carakong: Most of the scene is without GI so to speak, the majority of the textures have the GI baked, although not all since I ran out of baking time...

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread