Mass Effect 2, Patryk Olejniczak (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2010
Mass Effect 2, Patryk Olejniczak (2D)

Title: Mass Effect 2
Name: Patryk Olejniczak
Software: Photoshop

Man what a game!! You gotta love Bioware for what they done.
My fan art number two. I used some photo textures at the back. The main idea was to make it look like some kind of promo art. There was no problem with the face and clothes since there are some references to be found on the net.

08 August 2010
Cool

What a fantastic game!
And a what a fantastic image!

I really like the mood and the small details, especially Miranda's futuristic dress and Shepard's left arm. I could imagine this image as a magazine cover, it could works really well.

Good job, well done, Patryk!

Sorry, but now I have to play with Mass Effect...

Paco

08 August 2010
dido on mass effect awesomeness, huge fan of both the games.

I love this piece, especially the contrasting colors
I also like the painterly feel it has to it. great work

my only crit would be Miranda
I don't think she's accurately portrayed in this picture. In the game shes some one who's independent and try's to not care much about emotions. She suppresses her feelings. She's confident and will do whatever it takes. that's pretty much how bio ware described/portrayed her. But in this piece it feels more like shes the opposite if you know what I mean. You know the touchy feely kind of woman. I think if she had more of a action pose it would benefit the piece.

But i agree with paco16, I could see this artwork on the cover of game informer or something
keep up the good work

08 August 2010
Balazs and Alexander. Thank you for your comments. Appreciate it and I am also glad you like it.

Alexander I know what you mean. Your are absolutely right, Miranda was more confident and independed in the game. However I deliberately deceided not to use the fighting/action pose for my piece. The idea of this pose came up after I had seen one of the ME2 Launch trailers, namely this one (one of the best trailers ever along with the Deus Ex3 new one which still bring goosebumps.). Especially Sheppard's words "We have to give everything, even if that means our lives" brought this feeling of inevitable end maybe to her or everybody in the crew which I wanted to depict here as well. Hope you know what I mean.

08 August 2010
great piece. looks like Sheppard got the new Normandy blown up as well ..

I would image this is how it's gonna end if Sheppard does go down with the collectors, as strong as Miranda maybe, she's still a women :P

btw i'm still trying to beat the game on insanity, and it's insanely hard :(

08 August 2010
Thanks Michael. I am glad you like it. It is nice that everyone who sees this fan art, got his own idea and story behind it.

Originally Posted by MSun: btw i'm still trying to beat the game on insanity, and it's insanely hard :(

Playing the game on insanity level which is insanely hard is... insane.

Last edited by patryk-garrett : 08 August 2010 at 10:50 PM.

08 August 2010
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread