Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 11-23-2013, 01:03 AM   #31
CGIPadawan
Part-Time Blenderite

Giancarlo Ng
Quezon City, Philippines

Send a message via Yahoo to CGIPadawan
Well that looks pretty good, like what an update to "Sengoku" would look like.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #32
redCigarette
I.

portfolio
ishan shukla
Generalist
India

@Frotze,

Quote:
Feels good to know we almost have a movie!

That's great. You guys are almost there. The recent post about camera mapping is a neat technique. Good luck!

@grantmoore3d,
That's looking very cool! For environments you will be following the same rendering style as your characters right?

Last edited by redCigarette : 11-25-2013 at 06:59 PM.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #33
redCigarette
I.

portfolio
ishan shukla
Generalist
India

Concept Name: SCHIRKOA

CGTalk WIP thread: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...f=153&t=1103500

Project Description:
SCHIRKOA is the story (an IP maybe) I will be trying to develop in coming years.
At the moment I am aiming at an animated Short Film. Followed by a graphic novel. And then let's see what else can come out. It's set in a dystopian city, involves bagheads and some other 'creatures'

Status Number: 10

Team Members: 3

What went right:
We have a new member in our team. Nico Agatha Wibowo, a talented friend of ours from Indonesia has joined us and will be working from Vietnam. He will be responsible for character animation like Yiming. We are glad to have somebody as good as him as it's gonna speed up things in coming months.

What went wrong:
My savings are drying up and it's time for the music and mastering. There is lots of work left and having a day job makes things harder for all 3 of us. We are moving steady and hope it all goes well.

Show & Tell:

Another environment from Act 1. BAGHEAD197A will be walking past this alley. It will also be used for some shots in Act 3. Still got to touch up a little. Probably it needs some signboards and better lighting inside the houses. There is also a train crossing the bridge but it's hardly visible right now. Will be more evident when it's animated.

Last edited by redCigarette : 11-25-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:39 PM   #34
daraand
storyteller

portfolio
David Andrade
storyteller
Theory Animation
USA

First an update (because it was a big one number two, thank you for featuring us! O_O and three, I'll post comments below in another reply

Ray & Clovis
STATUS NUMBER: 4!
TEAM MEMBERS: 17 (Voluntary)
ESTIMATED COMPLETION DATE : Released Episode 5, working towards Episode 6:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VesMbeK3guY
WIP THREAD: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...f=153&t=1129549
WHAT WENT RIGHT THIS WEEK:
Episode 5 is released! Watch it here!
Or in order here

What went right is a lot! We had an amazing showing at CTNx ctnanimationexpo.com with over hundred people packed for the "Future of Online Collaboration" panel that Bobby Beck hosted. Even a nice rounding clap for our work! However at the Austin WizardWorld we had a huge room... and 10 people.

Not bad! We were going up against a Stan Lee panel and it was opening day of the con, I won't fault people there. Plus that is 10 more fans that didn't know anything about us, but are now people we know in person That's awesome. We also met with some of the artists that volunteer for us. Love it!

WHAT WENT WRONG:

Releasing Episode 5 was a blast, but it also put us behind on 6. Six has just two weeks to final render and music. That's a very tough schedule and some shots are still in animation (eek!) With the holidays just around the corner I know it's going to be very close. We'll do our best, but it will be tight.

Also on our panel: We could have done such a better job at advertising it and naming it. The title was borrowed from our SIGGRAPH talk: Managing Remote Creative Projects. Not the sexiest thing when you want to appeal to parents, kids, and general animation fans. I commend all those who braved such a strange panel. The focus of the panel also could have been better. In the middle of it I switched the format and turned it into more of a conversation with people. This was a positive I feel because it made people be more responsive.

SHOW AND TELL:

Us presenting at WizardWorld
the poster for Reading is Magic Part2

Old 11-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #35
daraand
storyteller

portfolio
David Andrade
storyteller
Theory Animation
USA

@grantmoore3d: This is looking cooler every update. In the future maybe we can collaborate !

@Frotze: I will PM you our sound designer, he used to work at Skywalker Sound. Great guy

@redCigarette: I looooooveee your art direction

Old 11-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #36
grantmoore3d
Geek Extraordinaire

portfolio
Grant Moore
Creative Director
ComboMash Entertainment
Vancouver, Canada

@redCigarette - I kind of personally enjoy the contrast between a toon shaded character and more realistic environment, but I think in time I'll eventually get to a visual style somewhere in between the two. I'm not entirely sure yet, kind of "discovering" the style as I go through iteration and feedback.

@daraand - Thanks! A few years in the future I plan to make a children's game (after about two big game releases to "learn the ropes") so if you're still kicking around the IP Club at that time we might get a chance to! Also, I seriously laughed my ass off at the end of EP5 when he peaks out. I was expecting the gag, but it was still funny.

edit:

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I've been experimenting with Bitcoin lately (it's all the rage amongst super-nerds lately) and have plans to accept it as a pre-order on my website. However, I've also launched a BitcoinStarter campaign and it's almost funded. My goal here is to raise enough funds so I could pay my character artist for a second character pre-Kickstarter... I'd love to implement co-op in the prototype, but am slowly running out of cash. So if you know any Bitcoin evangelists who also like games, please pass this link along to them.

https://bitcoinstarter.com/projects/262

Last edited by grantmoore3d : 11-25-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:52 AM   #37
Frotze
Insatiable learner

portfolio
David Forest
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by redCigarette
That's great. You guys are almost there. The recent post about camera mapping is a neat technique. Good luck!

Thanks and yeah, near the end at last! But you seem to be doing great progress yourself. You mentioned it was time for music and mastering, I'm guessing you have most of your animation done already? How long is the final film going to be?

Very good job on the compositing by the way, I love the look you achieved in that last frame. I'd be very curious to see a breakdown of your passes and see how it was done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantmoore3d
That's awesome, didn't know you guys were making such quick progress on this thing. Pretty clever solution to do texture projections like that, I was wondering how you managed to get such a well crafted shot each time (texture-wise), I guess that answers my question!

We're three people working full time on this so it helps making progress faster.

About your game... I have a suggestion to make concerning your last video showing the refined movement. It's mostly apparent when you press briefly on the movement key or change direction, but there's this sort of bump in the animation every time Kiko starts to move. Maybe you could try adding a stand-to-run animation to make a smoother transition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daraand
What went right is a lot! We had an amazing showing at CTNx ctnanimationexpo.com with over hundred people packed for the "Future of Online Collaboration" panel that Bobby Beck hosted.

Kudos to you guys! By the way, I had a look at the website of your studio today... I'm impressed! Has any team approached you with ideas of their own to develop using your platform or is it just Ray & Clovis for now?

Old 11-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #38
daraand
storyteller

portfolio
David Andrade
storyteller
Theory Animation
USA

BitCoin starter looks amazing! Thank you for sharing grantmoored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frotze
Kudos to you guys! By the way, I had a look at the website of your studio today... I'm impressed! Has any team approached you with ideas of their own to develop using your platform or is it just Ray & Clovis for now?

Frotze: We do offer the platform for people to use. Send me an email and we'll chat about it: david@theoryanimation.com

Old 11-28-2013, 08:15 AM   #39
redCigarette
I.

portfolio
ishan shukla
Generalist
India

@Frotze,
Quote:
But you seem to be doing great progress yourself. You mentioned it was time for music and mastering, I'm guessing you have most of your animation done already? How long is the final film going to be?

Very good job on the compositing by the way, I love the look you achieved in that last frame. I'd be very curious to see a breakdown of your passes and see how it was done.

No no, we have lots to do in animation. It's not even halfway yet. The way I am approaching music is to nail it in the animatics stage itself. That way I can make more nifty edits based on the music if needs be. That's why I am gauging the estimated cost. The final film stands at around 13 mins.

Thanks man. Sure, I am thinking about putting breakdowns on the blog too. Very hard to find time for such things though. Hopefully I will, once we have say 70-80% of the film done.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:15 AM   #40
RobertoOrtiz
[Forum Leader]

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Roberto Ortiz
Illustrator/ Modeler
Washington DC, USA

Send a message via MSN to RobertoOrtiz
This might be of interest guys:

Raising Venture Capital for Mobile Games - Part 1
Quote:
"Funding is one of the least discussed parts of the development process. Publishers dominated this conversation for a long time, but in the past few years, venture capital investors have become increasingly involved in games. The process of raising VC involves two key pieces: networking and pitching. Iíll cover these topics in later posts, but for now, letís try to understand venture capital."

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/Seth...s__Part_1.p hp
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 12-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #41
Frotze
Insatiable learner

portfolio
David Forest
Montreal, Canada

Last edited by Frotze : 12-05-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #42
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread