Rez007
Expert

portfolio
Rudy G.
Mobile Games, Digital Artist, Designer and Animator
Co-Founder of 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games) and RG3D | www.rg3d.com
USA

Hi Everyone,

We had a very big day today, and a very important one for us too. (I updated my first post to reflect our news). Today we released our IP on the AppStore, Blaster X HD. It was a very long and hard road for us to get to this point, and we are very excited. I have been a member of this community for a very long time and I wanted this to be one of the first places to share the news. Thank you to all who have supported us and would like to support us in the future. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I am posting at the point we are now, and will back-track to show how we got here, once things settle down a bit.

Currently, we are sitting at #2 in two different charts for New Paid Apps on the AppStore.

GAME NAME: Blaster X HD
COMPANY: 2GMG LLC (2 Guys Making Games)

DIRECT LINK TO GAME/APP: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bla...51024?ls=1&mt=8

FOLLOW US ON: Facebook - www.facebook.com/2GMGames
Twitter - www.twitter.com/2GMGames

STATUS NUMBER: 2

TEAM MEMBERS: 2
Rudy Gjurkovic: Co-Founder
Joshua Chapman: Co-Founder

START DATE: End of 2010
COMPLETION DATE: 5-1-2013 (Today)

PROJECT DESCRIPTION:
Blaster X HD is a arcade style game that was developed for ALL generations of iPad and iPad Mini. It is currently on sale at 99cents for 2 days, as our way of saying "Thank You" to all of our early supporters.

Below is what was used for our Apple Description:

Immerse yourself in Over 400 levels of non-stop gameplay, as you Blast your way through 9 Diverse Worlds of pure Mental Addiction in one of iPad’s largest titles. Blaster X HD is our release title at 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games) and we are proud to say that we are 100% Independent and made of just 2 guys who have a passion for creating fun and enjoyable games that offer a TON of content. We have given it our all in our first title and below is a breakdown of what Blaster X HD has to offer!

Blaster X HD - Exclusively for all generations of iPad and iPad Mini

***Game Features***

OVER 400 LEVELS OF MENTAL ADDICTION
Test your reflexes and wit, as you conquer Over 400 Levels with tons of content. From Casual Players to the more Advanced Completionists, come prepared as you will be wrapped up in hours of gameplay.

GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS
Launch your Blaster by pulling your finger back and let it fly! Manipulate and guide your Blaster, as you blast your way through the Orbs to clear each level! Absorb the Orbs’ energy, as that is the power source for your Blaster - so grab them all!
(Non-violent gameplay, suitable for all ages.)

9 DIVERSE WORLDS
Immerse yourself in all 9 Worlds of Blaster X HD. Each World carries different gameplay attributes and elements - not just a different color scheme. Whether it is the “proving grounds” of Basics, to the most difficult Sonoma, there are plenty of options and variety to test any skill level and age. (9 Worlds: Arena, Basics, Carbon, District, Horizon, Qore, Reactor, Sky, and Sonoma)

FLUID CONTROL
Fling, manipulate, and guide your Blaster at anytime, leaving you in total control with our unique Fluid Control System.

STUNNING VISUALS
Enjoy the eye-candy of our blistering graphics - everything is created for High Definition (HD) Resolution.

UNLOCKABLES
Everything in Blaster X HD can be unlocked using no gimmicks, no ads or IAPs to move gameplay along. Unlock Worlds, Levels, and Blasters with just good-old game time investment.

LEADERBOARDS
Want to show the World your skills? You can. Post your High Scores for all your favorite levels and see where you rank among the World’s best.

UNIQUE ICON SYSTEM
Most every menu in our User Interface offers an Identifying Icon for selectable options, making sure that even if it is not your native language you can understand and have fun while you play.

100% INDEPENDENT GAME DEVELOPER
We are just 2 guys who have a passion for creating great games - no publisher, no funding, just all on our own.

We would like to give a big “Thank You” to all of our supporters and fans along the way, who have given us the push to release our first title Blaster X HD at 2GMG. We will try our very best to continue to bring innovative games that offer a lot of content, while listening to our fans in what they are looking for in fun and great games. Thanks Again!

WHAT WENT RIGHT:
We passed through Apple's approval process with flying colors. Blaster X HD is currently at the #2 spot on two different Apple Charts. Everything is going smoothly so far - just a lot of marketing to do now.

WHAT WENT WRONG:
A typo that we found right in our Apple marketing screenshot, but I was able to fix it right before we went to "In Review" status. Visibility can be tough, so we are hoping the rest of the launch week turns out good.

SHOW AND TELL:

Our Company Logo and Image that is used in-game:

Our Banner Image for Facebook:

A Screenshot Showing an Image from our intro Movie to Blaster X HD:

In-Game shot showing off World Horizon and our Fluid Control System:

A Montage of all of the Worlds Inside Blaster X HD:

Showing off some visuals of World District. The entire game is created at HD Resolution:

A Split-Shot of World Sky and World Reactor - Gameplay, Leaderboards, Unlockables and more!

And Finally, a link to our Teaser Trailer: (Sorry about the Facebook compression quality)
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!...&type=2&theater

Thank you to everyone who would like to support us or pass the news along. Also, a big Thank You to CGTalk and the people responsible for this IP section, especially Roberto. I will be more than happy to answer any questions.

Thanks!

Last edited by Rez007 : 05-02-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:07 AM   #47
banman7
Frequenter
portfolio
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Rez07

Great work on this project!
I was wondering what we can do to help. I think part of the incubator should be to help promote each other. I'll tell as many as I know.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #48
redCigarette
I.

portfolio
ishan shukla
Generalist
India

HTML Code:
GAME NAME: Blaster X HD COMPANY: 2GMG LLC (2 Guys Making Games)

Congratulations to the 2 Guys Making Games
I was trying to look for a gameplay footage but can't find one. Where can I see it?

Old 05-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #49
banman7
Frequenter
portfolio

Quote:
Congratulations to the 2 Guys Making Games I was trying to look for a gameplay footage but can't find one. Where can I see it?

He is so right. We need to see gameplay. That is the best way to promote it. I mean your stuff has a lot of pretty colors and looks polished but very limited. What does the game look and play like?

Old 05-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #50
Rez007
Expert

portfolio
Rudy G.
USA

Hi banman7 and redCigarette,

Thanks for the reply guys. The gameplay footage is something we do not have as of yet. I guess that was something we overlooked while trying to get the game out...I should probably chalk it up to "Things That Went Wrong" section on here. We are currently looking into and working on making a gameplay video.

Out of curiousity, does anyone know of any really good iPad video capture programs?

We hope to have that completed soon, but in the meantime we updated our Apple Description explaining the gameplay better. (I will make the correction to my previous post as well)

Blaster X HD: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blaster-x-hd/id615851024?ls=1&mt=8

Thanks,
Rudy

Old 05-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #51
Rez007
Expert

portfolio
Rudy G.
USA

Hi Guys,

In the meantime, while we are getting our gameplay footage together, some people also suggested that we should make our Teaser Trailer more visible. Today, I added our Teaser Trailer to YouTube and Vimeo. I think this will help in our visibilty rather than just having the Teaser only in our Facebook album.

https://vimeo.com/65319647

Gameplay Footage - Montage

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shML-DNUD48

Thanks,
Rudy

Blaster X HD: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blaster-x-hd/id615851024?ls=1&mt=8

www.facebook.com/2GMGames
www.twitter.com/2GMGames

Last edited by Rez007 : 05-06-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #52
pomru
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez007
Hi Guys,

In the meantime, while we are getting our gameplay footage together, some people also suggested that we should make our Teaser Trailer more visible. Today, I added our Teaser Trailer to YouTube and Vimeo. I think this will help in our visibilty rather than just having the Teaser only in our Facebook album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr-zg0m_EE8

https://vimeo.com/65319647

(Does anyone know how to embed videos here on the CGTalk threads?)

Thanks,
Rudy

www.facebook.com/2GMGames
www.twitter.com/2GMGames

There are several options for capturing gameplay video according to this http://www.cocos2d-iphone.org/forum/topic/22882. The simplest method is setting up a camera over the ipad and playing it from there. If you don't like having hands obscuring the view, other options include using airplay to display on another device and capping it from there, or playing the game on the mac dev iOS emulator. The thread mentions using other apps such as the iOS native Camera app or the Reflector app, third party solutions such as everyplay and kamcord.

To embed streaming videos on CGTalk, you use the [ youtube ] [ /youtube ] and [ vimeo ] [ /vimeo ] tags (without the spaces inside the braces). In your case, it should look like this: [ youtube ]Vr-zg0m_EE8[ /youtube ] and [ vimeo ]65319647[ /vimeo ]

Old 05-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #53
WyattHarris
Daddy x 4

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Wyatt Harris
WyattHarris.com
Baton Rouge, USA

Blaster X looks really nice and its getting good reviews so far. Good luck to you guys!

For the video capture, would it be possible to play the game on emulator and capture from the computer interface?
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 05-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #54
Rez007
Expert

portfolio
Rudy G.
USA

Thanks guys for the ideas and help with embedding the Teaser Trailer. We are trying out some options right now and hope to have something out soon.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #55
banman7
Frequenter
portfolio

I am the Antagonist.

Hey ya'll just wanted to give you a little show and tell and update of my series

I am the Antagonist.

1st things first.

Name Change: The mixed media project is now officially called " I LOVE KAIJU"

Show and Tell: Here are some pictures of the stories characters

Here is a back to back of the 2

Please tell me what you think.

Working on storyboard and animatics soon.

Think of the story as a Fantasy style quest done by giant Kaiju's for their portion of the story.

Last edited by banman7 : 05-04-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #56
Rez007
Expert

portfolio
Rudy G.
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by banman7
Hey ya'll just wanted to give you a little show and tell and update of my series

I am the Antagonist.

1st things first.

Name Change: The mixed media project is now officially called " I LOVE KAIJU"

Show and Tell: Here are some pictures of the stories characters

Please tell me what you think.

Working on storyboard and animatics soon.

Think of the story as a Fantasy style quest done by giant Kaiju's for their portion of the story.

Hi Banman7,

I like your character designs and especially the style that you present them in. Almost has a little bit of "watercolor" look and feel to it. I am looking forward to seeing the animatics too. It would be neat to start to get a feeling on how the character's behave and move. Keep up the nice work!

Old 05-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #57
grantmoore3d
Geek Extraordinaire

portfolio
Grant Moore
Creative Director
ComboMash Entertainment
Vancouver, Canada

Hey banman7, what are you planning to do with these characters? Do you have a rough story you could tell us, even a few sentences would be great. Just trying to get an idea of what direction you are planning to go with these guys. Interesting character design, by the way.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #58
RobertoOrtiz
[Forum Leader]

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Roberto Ortiz
Illustrator/ Modeler
Washington DC, USA

Send a message via MSN to RobertoOrtiz
Guys lets move this discussion to a new thread....

IP Incubator Club Thread 2013: Bi-Week-003: May 6-19- 2013
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 05-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #59
banman7
Frequenter
portfolio

moving to new week

moved to new posting

Quote:
Hey banman7, what are you planning to do with these characters? Do you have a rough story you could tell us, even a few sentences would be great. Just trying to get an idea of what direction you are planning to go with these guys. Interesting character design, by the way.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #60
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread