Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Christopher Perdigao

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2004
Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Christopher Perdigao

Christopher Perdigao has entered the Grand Space Opera 2D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Final Final

Time to put this one to bed. Many thanks to Mibus for helping me to load my final TIFF. Good luck to everybody!

10 October 2004
good luck Ilikesoup! nice to see you're entering...

Salamander

10 October 2004
Hey, good luck

Sorry for my
terrible English.

Sketch everyday

10 October 2004
Thanks, gang! This will be my first challenge, and I hope it will be fun. Good luck to all!

10 October 2004
I really can't wait to see what you come up with for this!

Good luck

and BTW...there are no bears in space...just so you know

10 October 2004
what do you mean, no beer in space, thats the silliest thing I have ever heard!

/alice

edit; and i do interpet everything as beer

Last edited by Alice : 10 October 2004 at 12:51 AM.

10 October 2004
wehee... nice to see you here , good luck!

btw, what is this guy doing? waving a hammer?

10 October 2004
So, think of anything yet?

10 October 2004
Originally Posted by Art2: So, think of anything yet?

I've been fleshing out a concept over the last few days. I'm on vacation next week so I plan to get a concept sketch or two up very soon. So far I've got a giant space worm, a sickly royal family, an emerging Communist-like system and lots of plutonium.

I've gotta sleep now. The Boston Red Sox just won the pennant for my birthday. Many consecutive (late) nights of cheering, hoping and praying.

11 November 2004
Concept Sketch: Blood Sucking Worm

Finally got some time to work on this. My story is set on a mining planet. The primary character is called Ret, which in his language means "runt". While lost in a cavern below the royal palace, Ret discovers a mysterious caterpillar. The caterpillar has a proposition for Ret -- feed him blood (however necessary) and he see that Ret's people are protected from invasion. More to come soon. . .

11 November 2004
The story so far. . .

The Planet -- Ret is a member of a mining colony on a remote planet at the edge of the Bauxite system. The planet is governed by a monarchy, but the heirless king is unfit to rule as he does little to maintain the quality of life of his people. Ret's planet is rocky and unsuited for farming. Shepherds tend small flocks in the mountains, but not enough to produce meat to feed everyone. A few savvy traders bring in food in exchange for rare metal ores from the mines, however the mines are becoming depleted.

The People -- Ret's kinfolk are strong, sturdy people, most having worked in the mines their entire lives. They work hard, but are fearful for the future -- without goods to trade for food they will surely perish.

Enter the Wyrm -- While exploring some underground caverns, Ret discovers a sentient BloodWyrm who makes him a unique proposal. The wyrm excretes Chemical X that can be refined for use as a potent rocket fuel, which would provide Ret's people with a valuable export. In return, the wyrm needs to receive a steady supply of blood. The more blood, the more Chemical X. Chemical X buys food, clothing, weapons and helps to build alliances. This sounds ok to Ret, but it's up to him to convince his fellow colonists. . .

11 November 2004
it's a good and original story, but how do you plan to make an image that tells the viewer all of that? It could easily be turned into a guy that finds a monster that wants to eat him... by the way, what is the flame that Ret is holding?
You made a good choice of colors in your picture, keep it up

11 November 2004
Great story so far Soup! Very original. Cant wait to hear (and see) more of your Space Opera!

11 November 2004
Go, Soup, GO!! I like it so far. Keep it up!

PS - I hates Wyrms!!

Thread Closed share thread