Is puppetshop gone now?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2013
Is puppetshop gone now?

I used puppetshop at an employer of mine and wanted to get my own copy for my animations. Free copy since it is free for a while now.

Well. Luminox isn't releasing anymore copies now. Says he has stopped the retailing of puppetshop since he is at Autodesk now.

So is that it for puppetshop? I really needed a copy to use and cannot find one anywhere.

11 November 2013
I do believe that is it for all tools that he was providing.

11 November 2013
Originally Posted by PEN: I do believe that is it for all tools that he was providing.

So is it possible to grab the needed scripts and files to keep using the rig? He isn't disturbing anything for new users. Just supporting old users.

11 November 2013
Originally Posted by PEN: I do believe that is it for all tools that he was providing.

Something feels wrong when Paul no longer calls me by my first name but refers to me as 'he'. I dunno...doesn't feel right, Paul.

Anyway, I have handed the code for the plugins to a third party who are continuing development. But I cannot share any more information or time frames etc.

It will be up to them. I unfortunately ran out of time to try and do a proper job of maintaining and supporting the plugins. But hopefully this solution will work out for those who need to rely on the tools in the future.

11 November 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread