How to link two different rigs? one drive by another.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2012
Question How to link two different rigs? one drive by another.

hey Guys, I'm new here

so I had a biped bones that have the actual animation data. and I want to create a CAT Rig that can drive by this Biped...

I've been tried use the feature "Link constrains" in animation option
but when i try to link them it just shows up error..

and if I use CAT feature( capture animation) it just keep crashing and some of the bones just went crazy once you map them........

any ideas? Guys?

07 July 2012
ummm not 100% sure what your trying to do but if Im understanding you correctly I would animate the character that is driving the force, then i would parent the god controller of the secondary controller to the main character (so it follows it around the screen) and then I would hand animate the secondary character doing what ever it had to be doing.

-Yasha

07 July 2012
Smile

Originally Posted by YashaP: ummm not 100% sure what your trying to do but if Im understanding you correctly I would animate the character that is driving the force, then i would parent the god controller of the secondary controller to the main character (so it follows it around the screen) and then I would hand animate the secondary character doing what ever it had to be doing.

-Yasha

hey Yasha, thanks for reply, but I don't really know what is that god controller thing you talking about. you mean like the root kinda thing?

What I want to do basically is let biped drive my cat rig.

I have a biped rig that ALREADY animated.
and I want to create a CAT rig that can Somehow link to the biped.
so I don't have to manually animate my cat again.
I've tried a feature called link constraints but it shows Error. so i was wondering if there is anyway to do it?

I been seen people do this before though...

07 July 2012
The god controller is usually the one on the ground that will move everything.

ummm you could try copying the animation from the biped and copy it onto the legs of the cat.
but you do know that cat legs and human legs move in different ways.

-Yasha

07 July 2012
Use MotionBuilder

You can export both of them into motionbuilder, make a T-Pose, characterize and Plot the animation of biped bones onto the CAT rig. Then save your file as a .fbx file and import it onto the scene which has the CAT rig. The animation Update the CAT rig with keyframes you had in MoBu.

Maya has a built-in Retargeting module called "HumanIK" which does the same thing, But i dont know about the Max.

07 July 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread