Boss at Navié

portfolio
Samir Kharchi
FX Artist & Software Dev
Navié
Magdeburg, Germany

Effex v2.0 Early Bird Release

Dear Navié customers,

today is the day! We released our Early Bird Version of Effex 2.0.

All customers that have already preordered Effex v2.0 in our shop or have purchased in our grace period, find their new v2.0 serial number in their user area profile as usual (we will have all serial numbers updated until tommorrow). All other Navié customers can demo the Early Bird version by using the usual demo serial number (123456789).

You can expect a huge range of new features, presets and a brand new interface...actually everything is new.

There comes a connection to the particle render system „Thinkbox Krokatoa“ in addition. With that connection Effex launches an industry standard in the Cinema4D world, which was only reseved for other applications ... until now (a KrakatoaSR license is required).

We won´t go into every new detail at this point because we don´t want to take away the fun to discover all the new things and changes.

The final and public release of Effex v2.0 will be in about 3 weeks from today, containing all planned features.

Happy Effexing!

All the best
Navié Team

Last edited by Katachi : 05-17-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
rsquires
Expert

portfolio
Richard Squires
designer/director
reg
Melbourne, Australia

Can you buy Effex 2.0 without Plants? On the site it only has upgrade information from 1.5 to 2.00

Old 05-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #3
PhoenixCG
Pixol Pusher
portfolio
Tappan Peterson
USA

Click on commercial licenses.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #4
ThePriest
Bad Ass

portfolio
Stuart Townsend
Environment artist
Berkeley, USA

Awesome, very much looking forward to this.

Couple of questions.

The connection to VRay last time was quite limited, due to Vray only allowing for a single volumetric object. I know that the new VRay plugin (not out yet) no longer suffers from this limitation, opening the door to many possibilities. Have you worked with Stefan at all, to see this connection works in this unreleased update?

With a KrakatoaSR license, can I render Krakatoa particles directly in the C4D viewport? Or at least in the picture viewer?

I assume Effex particles have absolutely no connection to TP and can easily reach into the 10's of millions, giving us a fair chance at renderering some highly stylized stuff (in Krakatoa ). Sea spray and smoke effects clearly are the first thing that come to mind when thinking of this workflow, but does Effex v2 give you the ability to get a little more creative with the way in which these volumetric effects move around? Thinking along the lines of - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9xbGQfvbb0 and some of the more colorful flowing samples you see online, that seem to originate from a source object.

Last edited by ThePriest : 05-17-2013 at 04:29 AM.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #5
MAN0
Expert
manuel mark hofmann
nuremberg, Germany

am i stupid or where can i find the demo download?

Old 05-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #6
ChristianZ
PRO

portfolio
Christian Z
Bern, Switzerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN0
am i stupid or where can i find the demo download?

http://www.dpit2.de/navie/index.php...ffex&category=1

However, the early bird version might be accessible only for existing customers (login to your account page).

Last edited by ChristianZ : 05-17-2013 at 07:56 AM.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #7
Katachi
Boss at Navié

portfolio
Samir Kharchi
FX Artist & Software Dev
Navié
Magdeburg, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsquires
Can you buy Effex 2.0 without Plants? On the site it only has upgrade information from 1.5 to 2.00

Yep, as Phoenix mentioned you probably need to go to the commercial licenses section to see it.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #8
Katachi
Boss at Navié

portfolio
Samir Kharchi
FX Artist & Software Dev
Navié
Magdeburg, Germany

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePriest
The connection to VRay last time was quite limited, due to Vray only allowing for a single volumetric object. I know that the new VRay plugin (not out yet) no longer suffers from this limitation, opening the door to many possibilities. Have you worked with Stefan at all, to see this connection works in this unreleased update?

Yep, Stefan and I got in contact (actually just shortly after you mentioned it in the previous Effex thread) and I'll make sure to have the new VRay version supported for final release (or whenever that VRay version is released).

Quote:
With a KrakatoaSR license, can I render Krakatoa particles directly in the C4D viewport? Or at least in the picture viewer?

Yep, you can directly render in the editor/pw perspective (of course it can also be output as a multipass channel for more advanced compositing). Also you can use Effex constraints to further edit the Krakatoa rendering, very powerful.
Without a license it will render with a watermark (so it can be tested). I'll make a video on the Krakatoa connection soon.

Quote:
I assume Effex particles have absolutely no connection to TP and can easily reach into the 10's of millions, giving us a fair chance at renderering some highly stylized stuff (in Krakatoa ). Sea spray and smoke effects clearly are the first thing that come to mind when thinking of this workflow, but does Effex v2 give you the ability to get a little more creative with the way in which these volumetric effects move around? Thinking along the lines of - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9xbGQfvbb0 and some of the more colorful flowing samples you see online, that seem to originate from a source object.

yep, RAM is the only limit. Actually what the video shows was already possible in 1.7 but now with Krakatoa it is much faster and powerful to render these kind of effects.

Particles can be altered and driven in a lot of ways, they can be ballistic or using fluid dynamics and the new constraints objects also allow nice control over where and how forces act on them.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #9
Katachi
Boss at Navié

portfolio
Samir Kharchi
FX Artist & Software Dev
Navié
Magdeburg, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianZ
http://www.dpit2.de/navie/index.php...ffex&category=1

However, the early bird version might be accessible only for existing customers (login to your account page).

Exactly. A public demo will be available with the final release, the early bird can only be accessed by existing customers.

Old 05-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #10
Kleine

portfolio
Nancy Martin
Katachi
Magdeburg, Germany

Effex v2.0 Video Tutorials

Hi there,

we have posted the first 3 video tutorials for the new Effex framework. You can check them out in our YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...RDEFg2-5-Ixwrdl

Enjoy and Learn

Old 05-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #11
PhoenixCG
Pixol Pusher
portfolio
Tappan Peterson
USA

Looks good, thanks Nancy!

Old 05-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #12
AdamT
oh ... what?

Adam Trachtenberg
Modeler, Animator, Attorney
3D Anvil
Miami, USA

Thanks for the tuts. That helps alot!

Old 05-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #13
lllab
VRAYforC4D

stefan Laub
VRAYforC4D_architect
vrayforc4d.com
Vienna, Austria

looks very good Samir!

Stefan
http://rhino.io

Old 05-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #14
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread