Effex v2.0 Early Bird Release

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05 May 2013   #1
Effex v2.0 Early Bird Release

Dear Navié customers,

today is the day! We released our Early Bird Version of Effex 2.0.



All customers that have already preordered Effex v2.0 in our shop or have purchased in our grace period, find their new v2.0 serial number in their user area profile as usual (we will have all serial numbers updated until tommorrow). All other Navié customers can demo the Early Bird version by using the usual demo serial number (123456789).

You can expect a huge range of new features, presets and a brand new interface...actually everything is new.

There comes a connection to the particle render system „Thinkbox Krokatoa“ in addition. With that connection Effex launches an industry standard in the Cinema4D world, which was only reseved for other applications ... until now (a KrakatoaSR license is required).

We won´t go into every new detail at this point because we don´t want to take away the fun to discover all the new things and changes.

The final and public release of Effex v2.0 will be in about 3 weeks from today, containing all planned features.

Happy Effexing!

All the best
Navié Team
__________________
FX & Design
www.navié.com | YouTube | Facebook

Last edited by Katachi : 05 May 2013 at 11:48 AM.
 
Old 05 May 2013   #2
Can you buy Effex 2.0 without Plants? On the site it only has upgrade information from 1.5 to 2.00
 
Old 05 May 2013   #3
Click on commercial licenses.
 
Old 05 May 2013   #4
Awesome, very much looking forward to this.

Couple of questions.

The connection to VRay last time was quite limited, due to Vray only allowing for a single volumetric object. I know that the new VRay plugin (not out yet) no longer suffers from this limitation, opening the door to many possibilities. Have you worked with Stefan at all, to see this connection works in this unreleased update?

With a KrakatoaSR license, can I render Krakatoa particles directly in the C4D viewport? Or at least in the picture viewer?

I assume Effex particles have absolutely no connection to TP and can easily reach into the 10's of millions, giving us a fair chance at renderering some highly stylized stuff (in Krakatoa ). Sea spray and smoke effects clearly are the first thing that come to mind when thinking of this workflow, but does Effex v2 give you the ability to get a little more creative with the way in which these volumetric effects move around? Thinking along the lines of - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9xbGQfvbb0 and some of the more colorful flowing samples you see online, that seem to originate from a source object.
__________________
۩PRIST


Last edited by ThePriest : 05 May 2013 at 04:29 AM.
 
Old 05 May 2013   #5
am i stupid or where can i find the demo download?
 
Old 05 May 2013   #6
Originally Posted by MAN0: am i stupid or where can i find the demo download?

http://www.dpit2.de/navie/index.php...ffex&category=1

However, the early bird version might be accessible only for existing customers (login to your account page).

Last edited by ChristianZ : 05 May 2013 at 07:56 AM.
 
Old 05 May 2013   #7
Originally Posted by rsquires: Can you buy Effex 2.0 without Plants? On the site it only has upgrade information from 1.5 to 2.00


Yep, as Phoenix mentioned you probably need to go to the commercial licenses section to see it.
__________________
FX & Design
www.navié.com | YouTube | Facebook
 
Old 05 May 2013   #8
Hi,

Originally Posted by ThePriest: The connection to VRay last time was quite limited, due to Vray only allowing for a single volumetric object. I know that the new VRay plugin (not out yet) no longer suffers from this limitation, opening the door to many possibilities. Have you worked with Stefan at all, to see this connection works in this unreleased update?


Yep, Stefan and I got in contact (actually just shortly after you mentioned it in the previous Effex thread) and I'll make sure to have the new VRay version supported for final release (or whenever that VRay version is released).

Quote: With a KrakatoaSR license, can I render Krakatoa particles directly in the C4D viewport? Or at least in the picture viewer?


Yep, you can directly render in the editor/pw perspective (of course it can also be output as a multipass channel for more advanced compositing). Also you can use Effex constraints to further edit the Krakatoa rendering, very powerful.
Without a license it will render with a watermark (so it can be tested). I'll make a video on the Krakatoa connection soon.

Quote: I assume Effex particles have absolutely no connection to TP and can easily reach into the 10's of millions, giving us a fair chance at renderering some highly stylized stuff (in Krakatoa ). Sea spray and smoke effects clearly are the first thing that come to mind when thinking of this workflow, but does Effex v2 give you the ability to get a little more creative with the way in which these volumetric effects move around? Thinking along the lines of - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9xbGQfvbb0 and some of the more colorful flowing samples you see online, that seem to originate from a source object.


yep, RAM is the only limit. Actually what the video shows was already possible in 1.7 but now with Krakatoa it is much faster and powerful to render these kind of effects.

Particles can be altered and driven in a lot of ways, they can be ballistic or using fluid dynamics and the new constraints objects also allow nice control over where and how forces act on them.
__________________
FX & Design
www.navié.com | YouTube | Facebook
 
Old 05 May 2013   #9
Originally Posted by ChristianZ: http://www.dpit2.de/navie/index.php...ffex&category=1

However, the early bird version might be accessible only for existing customers (login to your account page).


Exactly. A public demo will be available with the final release, the early bird can only be accessed by existing customers.
__________________
FX & Design
www.navié.com | YouTube | Facebook
 
Old 05 May 2013   #10
Effex v2.0 Video Tutorials

Hi there,

we have posted the first 3 video tutorials for the new Effex framework. You can check them out in our YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...RDEFg2-5-Ixwrdl

Enjoy and Learn
 
Old 05 May 2013   #11
Looks good, thanks Nancy!
 
Old 05 May 2013   #12
Thanks for the tuts. That helps alot!
 
Old 05 May 2013   #13
looks very good Samir!

Stefan
__________________
V-Ray on FB:: http://www.facebook.com/vrayforc4d
http://VRAYforC4D.net
http://www.3dtools.info
http://rhino.io
 
Old 05 May 2013   #14
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
__________________
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.