Old 12-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
DePaint
Banned

portfolio
Emre M.
Istanbul, Turkey

Patent Bolt - Keeping up with the latest Tech Patents

Hello All,

I just discovered this website, which sifts through filed patents and tries to cover the latest in tech ideas from Sony, Samsung, LG, RIM, Nintendo and the like:

http://www.patentbolt.com/

There's all sorts of interesting stuff here, from electroshock handcuffs, to air-gesture controlled TVs, to future game consoles that read brainwaves...

This is a good resource for anyone who wants to keep abreast of the latest happenings in tech, long before they actually hit the market...
I thought I'd share it here, as many of us CG folks are also closet tech-enthusiasts.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
cojam
Banned
portfolio
chris
varible, Afghanistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DePaint
Hello All,

I just discovered this website, which sifts through filed patents and tries to cover the latest in tech ideas from Sony, Samsung, LG, RIM, Nintendo and the like:

http://www.patentbolt.com/

There's all sorts of interesting stuff here, from electroshock handcuffs, to air-gesture controlled TVs, to future game consoles that read brainwaves...

This is a good resource for anyone who wants to keep abreast of the latest happenings in tech, long before they actually hit the market...
I thought I'd share it here, as many of us CG folks are also closet tech-enthusiasts.

Good find.

First thought when i read this was, any one remember thing line from T2 "the future is not set".

But looking at this, IT IS, and it's proprietary.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
DePaint
Banned

portfolio
Emre M.
Istanbul, Turkey

Glad you like the site.

What is most interesting about Patent Bolt is that it effectively shows you the future - by analyzing the latest tech patents that are published and picking out the stuff that is the most interesting.

Its a bit like gazing into a crystal ball... Except that you are looking at hard future facts - patents that big companies may or may not gamble their business futures on.

Something like this was sorely needed. Being able to foretell the next hot tech trends allows you to position yourself, and perhaps your product, in an intelligent way.

Also, if you are developing tech yourself, its always useful to be able to tell what your competition is engineering...

Old 12-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #4
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread