CGTalk > Techniques > Anatomy and Figurative Art
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 12-15-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
siiiiing
portfolio
siiiiing
seoul, Korea (South)

Question Hi, there^^ i'm novice. Question!!

Cg society! It's new to me. Nice to meet you, guys

Recently, I'm trying to understand human anatomy by Glenn Vilppu's dvd or the book"The Anatomy for Artist"....or other books, references. but still don;t know well.

Here is what i did with z brush and it is also what i know about legs now.
What do you think? Do you think there is something wrong here? Something unnatual??
especially i don't sure about pelvis.

Please tell me

(Oh, so afraid of my english writing. sorry;

Old 12-29-2009, 04:05 PM   #2
Quadart
It’s the journey…

portfolio
Bill Melvin
freelance cg artist
USA

You have a good start here though your sculpting technique needs refining. There is a lumpiness to the sculpt that indicates a skill level that can use improvement. You have a general awareness of where the large muscle groups belong but there is a lack of attention to subtle details and structural forms around joints and attachment areas. It may help to do sketch studies on paper (or digitally) to focus your attention on areas you are neglecting. Drawing figures or anatomical parts from multiple views will aid in becoming familiarized with these forms as a whole and in parts. You have to treat every part you work on in your sculpt as though it were the most import part of the whole figure. Using that approach will sharpen your awareness of the forms you are working on and vastly improve the outcome. Also keep in mind balance (weight distribution of pose) and appropriate muscle tension/relaxation.

**Also, if you want more responses to your figurative work, whether 2d or 3d, you should start a sketchbook thread in the sketchbook forum.

Old 12-29-2009, 04:05 PM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread