Its A Hard Rain....., Shane Purcell (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2004   #16
aside from the crits already made... and this may be nitpicking so u can completely ignore it... I noticed you put some variation in the items on the shelves... any reason there's a lot of non-unique books/movies/things scattered around there? That's pretty much the only thing you have that i wouldn't expect seeing in a room like that. Very nice overall, i like the looks of all your renders, i prefer the warm colours however. It seems more realistic to me, but u can go either way. Looks great, love the models and the textures, keep up the good work.

Old 09 September 2004   #17
It's getting there. Not sure why the ground looks kind of wavey now. Hmmm.
Also, the rain drops running down the glass look too straight and even. They usually go down in a more irregular pattern.
The puddles are a nice touch. What are the chances I could see some small splashes and ripples in them from the raindrops impacting them?
Sorry, I keep coming up with new headaches for you, but I do believe those little touches will really sell your scene.

Old 09 September 2004   #18
thanks webhead, your comments mirror my exact thoughts on the ground. I think I goofed the displacement texture somehow and dont think it matches the diffuse texture anymore, will look at that. I also think it looks lacking as long as there aren't splashes and ripples. Tried to use a blur plugin to make ripples, but couldn't get it to work. Will have to look at it.

Thanks everyone for the crits so far, wouldn't have gotten this far without them.

Old 01 January 2006   #19
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread