TUTORIALS - Digital Painting Video Sketchbook - by Bobby Chiu

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2007
StefanStavrev - thx!

werepumpkin - You got it. Putting yourself in the right state of mind a (lot of times) will be the difference succeeding and failing or having a good day or bad. Thanks so much for the comment. I'm very glad my videos can effect you in a good way.

ENCOD3 - thanks very much. you're awesome.

AnimZiggy - Thx Ziggy!

Rebeccak - Thx Rebecca!!

michael-olszak - These video are just youtube videos. I don't know their compression settings

hellsgfx - Sketchbook Pro

a digital lifedrawing I sketched while teaching class in Sheridan. The great thing about digi lifedrawings are that you can peel away the layers to see all the steps! Everything is usually drawn according to importance so initially the face of the man was sketched in super quick just to get the direction of the face down and not necessarily the exact likeness of head.

Here's some subway sketches from April 1st, 2007

And here's my NEW VIDEOCAST. In this video I'm talking about my experiences in California and my new online school where I'll be conducting a digital painting techniques class. http://www.schoolism.com . *shameless plug**
PART 1
PART 2

here's what the sketch from the video looks like. It was inspired by an old man I saw on the subway the other day.

I'm heading off to Calgary Alberta tomorrow for the Calgary Expo on Sunday! This is my first time in Calgary and I'm one of the invited guest artist so I'm pretty excited.

Here's a pic I did for the back cover of the Calgary Expo Artbook. I think everyone that attends will receive one so come on by the Imaginism Booth #908, 909. I'll be happy to sign the back cover.

Steampunk Myths n Legends

Last edited by digital-bobert : 04 April 2007 at 01:51 PM.

04 April 2007
Bobby,you never disapoint me

Wonderfull style you got there.

And this school stuff,man,IT WAS ABOUT TIME someone thought of this finnaly.Wonderfull thing,wish you guys all the best with it and expect me maybe next year (when i start getting some money)

Cheers and all the best

04 April 2007
Thanks again, Bobby. And kudos! Hope you enjoy Calgary. Be safe.

05 May 2007
StefanStavrev - thanks very much. The schoolism site is going fantastic.

Werepumpkin - Calgary was a blast! Thanks

Here's a new painting I did for Alberto Ruiz's Eye Candy book. He drew it (from his Pistolas book) and I painted it. I wanted to keep it creative and incorporate his lines in the painting as well. This was very much experimental for me

Bobby

Watch video of initial Sketch Pt1

Watch video of initial Sketch Pt2

Steampunk Myths n Legends

05 May 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread