Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Javier García

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2004
Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Javier García

Javier García has entered the Grand Space Opera 2D.

10 October 2004
Concept Sketch: I found this

A lost concept when I´m learning with the tablet. No much, only stuff floating around... I think my final piece need a planet with rings, but I digress...
More to come (hope so...)

10 October 2004
if i didn't know for what was made this image i could think that it's some kind of modern art stuff
anyway, i think, (don't know how to say it in english) ...that the composition of these blots/spots is good waiting for the rest!

10 October 2004
Talking

Is true its just some debriss floating but, reminds me a some kind of structure devasted, well maybe I can use it for the main composition... I really don´t k. why I put this in frist place, considering is an image i´ve done time ago... I´m a lazy man.

10 October 2004
oh no man! laziness it's a bad thing here

10 October 2004
Concept Sketch: Concepting the whole thing

During this 10 Days or so, I´ve been thinking about this contest every day.
Yesterday I asked myself: ¿What is this contest all about?: Space Opera.

Space opera is a genre witch includes fights, passion, space, planets, to boldly go where no man has go before, etc. ¿How I can put ALL of those things in just one image?
Early, I´m thinking in some great battle scene in Saturn or something like that, but I´m realizing those things just no works. A space battle can be epic, but just a battle is not space opera. ¿Or it is?. A Lot of people in this contest is concentrating to do an overwhelming ilustration of SOME thing about the space opera, but maybe they are wrong with the contest...

Space Opera NEED to have all of the characteristics of the Space Opera, to BE an Space Opera piece. ¿How I can put this all in only one composition? And today, watching a talk-show, I have the idea.

I´ll do a movie poster about a fictionally sci-fi movie.

It´s simple, It´s so simple It´s stupid, Easy to recognize for people, Since Space Opera it´s a movie thing, you need a movie poster for it. It´s orginal because I don´t see something like this in other posts, CAN contain ALL of the requisites of the space opera, and, in a single look, you can say: "It´s Space Opera". Or: "WTF".
So I´m decided, a movie poster It´s my choice.

The Whole Creature: A4 at 600px/in.
4961 x 7016.

...And since I´m good enought drawing characters, more than stuff, It´s a valid idea for me :P .

PS. Sorry for the Engrish. I´m not resposible for harmed-eyes when u read the above paragraphs.

10 October 2004
Concept Sketch: Some Prevs.

One of the previous concepts, here are the visual guidelines and some stickmen. (hope u see it) :P

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread