nHair location problem in render

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

10 October 2017
nHair location problem in render

Hi,
I made hair to my character by drawing curves and making curves dynamic. Hair doesn't follow the mesh despite there are follicles, I don't know why.
ThenI tried to parent hair to bone, that should work too,but something strange happened. When I rotate my character's bone, everything is ok in the viewport, but hair rotates more than it should in render view. How could this happen? I even tried to rotate hair alone (by just selecting hair and rotate) the same situation happened. I created new hair, but that didn't work too.

Last edited by oklava : 11 November 2017 at 09:31 AM.

11 November 2017
Looks like double transformations. Do you have the hair system and output curve parented under the head joint?

11 November 2017
Originally Posted by ralphymeijer: Looks like double transformations. Do you have the hair system and output curve parented under the head joint?
No, I didn't parent curves, hair doesn't follow curves anyway. Just hair itself is under the head joint.
The strange thing is; even if there is double transformation, wouldn't it occur in viewport too? I couldn't get why viewport and render are different.

Now I tried to solve the problem "hair does not follow the mesh" without parenting.
I created a new plane in the same project (far from my model), made 4 new curves, made curves dynamic, selected paint effects, "attach curves to selected curves option" is also selected. New hair occured with follicles but when I move the plane, curves and follices are following the mesh, but hair doesn't follow them.
I did the exact same thing in a new blank project and it worked. Seems like there is something wrong with my project.

11 November 2017
Problem solved. I exported everything, opened a new project and imported again, then I made the hair again with current curves. Now the hair is attached to mesh.

reply share thread