Some wind on my particles...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #1
Some wind on my particles...

I have a text who is made with small particles of sand or geometry, what I would like is that the wind blows on it to make this sand/geometry fly away gradually( not all stuff at the same time) in one direction.
It is like this, but in 3D:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNPvKtBj-Z4

I got my forces setup right, but what I tried so far is to create different emmiters birth at 0, stop at 0, who should start to blow away separatly. but i can't figure out how trigger them separetly at different keyframes an time, i tried already to keyframe various parameters in the particle view such "speed" without success...

But I am not sure it's te best way, maybe the whole thing can be done nice using one emmitter and parameter it to have this effect... note that all particles objects have to be there from the beginning and each of them fly away leaving empty the place they where, i can't fake that.

Thanks for help !

Old 04 April 2013   #2
have you tried using a deflector to trigger the blowing? have the particles static on the object and have a deflector pass through them and then you use a collision test to pass them to an event with wind.
or use a noise map on map channel2 and do a speed by surface > gray scale map and a speed test to pass them to an event with wind. that way you trigger by texture map.
This is all covered here btw:
http://incendii.com/training/?p=417

Kind regards,
Anselm

Old 04 April 2013   #3
Thanks very much, there is a lot to try there, I specially like the second suggestion, with speed by surface then wind... I was looking for that way to use a grayscale map too, I will give it a try...

Old 04 April 2013   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread